Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!

Prayers for Texas.

Honored Contributor

Ok, so I had to get out of the house for a while so I ran to the store for some sale items . . . goodness I had forgotten what fun it is to shop on a Sunday afternoon but I did get my sale detergent and my free flavored water . . . and I managed to drive halfway home with my left turn signal on . . . again . . . good grief.

@VaBelle35 you are cracking me up with that car, I am so happy you have it and are enjoying it so!

@Writer with Flair I am so glad you and Mr. Writer are out of harm's way and I hope DH feels better soon.

@ChiliPepper good to see/hear from you my friend and I hope you are having a relaxing day.

@mustang66lady@Honeybit I also hope both of you ladies are having a great Sunday and that your weather is holding and not getting too much rain from Harvey.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe  So far we aren't seeing any weather effects from Harvey here, although it's still so steamy it would be hard to say if it's sending us increased humidity.  It's hard to believe that so far there's been only one death reported during the storm -- seems doubly tragic that one was due to a house fire in the midst of all that flooding.

On a light note, you might be amused to hear that a friend told me her dog Sugar loved canned green beans as a treat, so I got some for TMFY to try.  He promptly spat it out and gave me the look which said, "Well, I heard there were dog poisoners at work in the neighborhood, but I never dreamed one of them was YOU !"  Apparently he isn't a fan of green beans.....

I met a lady last week who once had a Lhasa Apso she called Rajah (great name), but she said he was NOT the laid-back type -- so apparently TMFY's attitude isn't a breed characteristic.  Grace and agility aren't among his giftings though, which leads me back to the belief that he was accustomed to getting around with wings before his current mission.

Honored Contributor

Oh thanks for the laugh/smile my friend @Honeybit, I really needed it!

Our Amy would have been great friends with TMFY, both a couple of laid back, incredibly well tempered, beautiful Lhasa's.  And to be honest I don't know if she was graceful or not as she never did anything but walk . . . squirels and bunnies were more than safe in our yard . . . Smiley Happy

And all I can say for poor Sugar is that the pickins must be slim at her household that canned green beans are a treat . . . just kidding as green beans are not my favorite to begin with (unless they come straight from the field which happens virtually never around here.  The one time I stumbled onto them I was stuffing them into my face like a lunatic) but I cannot imagine even trying canned green beans . . . Smiley Sad

TMFY knows his stuff!

Sorry for all the humidity my friend, hope your AC is still behaving itself in your car.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Good morning K-Team!

Happy Monday!

Honored Contributor

Re: Good morning K-Team! Happy Monday!

Good morning @ChiliPepper, good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday!

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Honeybit wrote:

On a light note, you might be amused to hear that a friend told me her dog Sugar loved canned green beans as a treat, so I got some for TMFY to try.  He promptly spat it out and gave me the look which said, "Well, I heard there were dog poisoners at work in the neighborhood, but I never dreamed one of them was YOU !"  Apparently he isn't a fan of green beans.....

Honeybit,

Your dog/canned green bean story made me laugh.  It reminded me of our cat's quirky culinary tastes.

When we first got married, we bought a house out in the county.  We had a friend who lived in a nearby city who loved coming out for the weekend since he really enjoyed the peace and quiet of the country.  

We had just finished eating dinner and were sitting in the family room watching television and visiting.  I had made a chicken pot pie in a glass casserole dish for dinner and was letting it cool down a bit before putting it in the refrigerator.  We had eaten about half of it.

All of a sudden we heard a weird noise from the hallway between the kitchen and the family room. DH and I jumped up to see what was happening.  Our cat had thrown up a tremendous amount of what looked like chicken pot pie.  (The carrots were the dead giveaway.)  When I went into the kitchen, I saw that she had eaten quite a bit of the leftover chicken pot pie that had been cooling on top of the stove.  I still don't know how she could eat as much as she did.

As of that point, she had never jumped up on the stove or the surrounding counters.  I guess the aroma must really had an irresistible appeal to her.  The pot pie had the usual assortment of veggies in it:  carrots, green peas, onions, celery, and canned sliced mushrooms.

She was none the worse for wear due to her overindulgence, so we pretty much chalked it up to a one-time occurrence and forgot about it.

A year or two later, we had sold the house in the country and were living in an apartment before we moved to The Big House (sounds sort of like some sort of prison, doesn't it?).  I was fixing dinner and the phone rang.  (I had already opened a can of sliced mushrooms and was going to put them in something I was cooking.)  I turned to answer the wall phone and had a brief conversation with a friend.  When I got off the call and turned around, I saw that the cat had jumped up on the counter.  I had never even heard her.  (With her stealth, she would have made an excellent Cat Burglar--I know--groan.)  In any event, she was chowing down with great gusto on those canned mushrooms.  

Remembering the previous “Chicken Pot Pie Cat Caper,” I reached the conclusion that some animals really do like canned mushrooms.   Perhaps your dog would prefer them to the canned green beans.  Of course, check with your Veterinarian or other Canine, Feline, or Other Animal Health Professional before feeding your animal canned mushrooms. 

A WORD OF WARNING:    Your animal may develop a “problem” (Obsession? Addiction?) with canned mushrooms.  If you see any of the telltale signs that we observed with our cat, you may want to find a support group or State-Licensed AHCP (Animal Health Care Professional) for animals struggling with Canned Mushroom Issues.

Green Giant® Mushroom Pieces & Stems 4 oz. Can

Does anybody else have any stories to tell about unusual things that their pets like to eat?

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

car.jpg

VaBelle,

Love the car.  I have but one question:  Do you have an coordinating scuba dress and accessories to go with that car?

Legend has it that the reason I bought my first black camry was because I bought a leather coat and I needed a car to match.

Do not be surprised if I end up with a red leather jacket ;o)

VaBelle,

I hate to be an enabler, but QVC has a great deal on a red leather jacket:

A266895
Denim & Co. Zip Front Lamb Leather Jacket with Pockets  Color: Spice Red
(Was $224.00--Now $149.98!)

D and C Red jacket.png

Honored Contributor

Good morning/afternoon/evening/whateveritis Ladies!!!

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY today!

I'll have to catch up later, I hope all is well with everyone!

I like the red jacket. I usually can't wear anything like that, the "girls" won't allow it!!!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Does anybody else have any stories to tell about unusual things that their pets like to eat?

@Writer with Flair

One of my cats will eat marshmallows if you let her! Don't leave the bag laying around or drop one 'cause she'll ponce on it in a flash!

This is a cat, not a dog - I think!