Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe

On the onions...yes, I always cut off any soft or mush and I always store mine in a Lock N Lock in the fridge once I have cut into them.

I swear they last 10 times longer that way!

Tee hee, thanks my friend @RespectLife that in the middle of closing on your new dream home and lining up the resources you need to complete the process you took the time to reply to my $1.49 Vidalia onion question . . . bless you my friend! . . . Heart

And yes that is a Corgi in the pictures with that magnificent ears . . . isn't he gorgeous?????

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe

On the onions...yes, I always cut off any soft or mush and I always store mine in a Lock N Lock in the fridge once I have cut into them.

I swear they last 10 times longer that way!

Tee hee, thanks my friend @RespectLife that in the middle of closing on your new dream home and lining up the resources you need to complete the process you took the time to reply to my $1.49 Vidalia onion question . . . bless you my friend! . . . Heart

And yes that is a Corgi in the pictures with that magnificent ears . . . isn't he gorgeous?????

He is adorable!  His colors are fantastic!  My friend in VT has a Corgi...but just all plain tan.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife!

So happy to read those papers are signed and you are  money ahead to boot!  So there's a little hiccup with the cleaning crew-that's nothing compared to what you and your family has been thru. 

Hey @ChiliPepper-do you have a "new house" cocktail for us on this fine Friday?!

Honored Contributor

Whew!  Walk through was long...each room inch by inch.

Only 1 possibly major issue, nothing compared to what our dear friend @novamc1 seems to be going through.

Flooring issue...not w/ the Turtle, though LOL!  His work is beautiful...should be, for 9 weeks worth, right?

The great room carpet has a seam because of the size of the room.  When it was first installed...they used so much glue that it was raised up and actually hurt your feet.  Looked like a giant scar the width of the room.  Felt like concrete.

He sent his guy back...I don't know what he did...but the glue issue is gone...and now there is a gap the whole width of the room.  Looks like a giant flaw in the carpet.

Luckily, we held back $1K from the jerk.  Won't see a penny more til we are happy.

Also, there are large gaps at the baseboard between the rug and the baseboard.  Builder says the baseboard is not crooked, it is the install of the carpet.  Must not have used the correct tack size.  You can stick your fingers through!

Other than that...the builder made a long list of just nit-picky things I want fixed.  I shouldn't say nit-picky.  At this cost, I expect perfection!

Honored Contributor

Congrats @RespectLife  I'm so happy your closing is done.

I do hate that you have to wait ONE MORE DAY for these bone heads.

I'm irritated on your behalf.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm finishing up last night's PR and I am cracking up at Nina saying "If he would have put pockets on it" and Zac says, "It would have been a clown with pockets."  LOL  NO love there.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The end of a long week is finally here.

I had my lunch with our VP yesterday and it went very well.  I'm not afraid to speak my mind ;o)

She asked me to do 2 blood drives and add a third after the February drive if it's successful.  She is going to communicate that to the woman beating me up.  I have a feeling she is also going to make her apologize to me, too.  Blech.

In other news, I went to my HOA meeting last night to see what is going on with this train wreck of a board and  ended up getting appointed to the board at the meeting.  So I'm officially on the board and my term ends in November.  I can run for election in November, but we normally don't get enough votes to have an election so they will probably just re-appoint me.

What I hear at this meeting is not good at all.  They have no plan and their vendors are basically telling them what to do.  

I stayed up late writing my strategic plan which will be part of my bio for running in November.  I will lay low until I get an opening to assert my views.  Right now I'm just asking questions and getting as much info as I can on our vendors and we have to work on the budget.

The great news is we are fully funded, no need to raise dues and we have plenty to do some repairs and refreshing that is needed.  The budget is already mapped out and I was fine with the numbers they used.  

I think my first challenge will be legal fees.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm finishing up last night's PR and I am cracking up at Nina saying "If he would have put pockets on it" and Zac says, "It would have been a clown with pockets."  LOL  NO love there.

@VaBelle35 I missed that, was that Cha Cha's ensemble?  I knew it was over for him when I saw that pink metallic ruffle . . . . oof.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 congratulations(?) on becoming of member of the HOA board.  I know you will sort out whatever issues they have and thank goodness your HOA is financially sound.  I am planning on attending our next meeting (I have to wait for the note slipped through the handle of my front door to know when that is) . . . should be a barn burner . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy MOOOVING Saturday! . . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for moooving