Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Ok just so you know, absolutely no sympathy for mtc's weather as I just snuck out to grill a hotdog and it's cool and not too humid . . . I'm sure the hot stuff will be rolling in but right now I am embarassed at how nice it is outside . . . plus I didn't electrocute myself, bonus points!  electric smiley

@momtochloe

How was your dog?

I had a hot dog last night for National Hot Dog Day.

Today is National Lollipop Day. So far I got nuthin' LOL!

Tee hee @ChiliPepper actually I don't know right now as I just got my grill on while the getting was good . . . the rain is blowing in in bands so I thought I would go for it while I had the chance.  The last time I grilled one it was delicious so I am definitely looking forward to lunch.

Where did you get your hotdog from last night?  Did you treat yourself?

@momtochloe

No, I just nuked one at home in the microwave LOL!!

Still tryin' not to spend any money. The c/c bill for DD's camp balance is coming soon. I'm scared LOL!!!

Oh @ChiliPepper thanks for the laugh as I just blew out my giftcard from Comcast yesterday! . . . I embarassed myself when I thought I still had $18 and change and the checker informed me that was what I still owed . . . . ooopie!  embarrassed smiley

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Hey @RespectLife it just dawned on me . . . I take it your boss's daughter found some other employment for the summer?  

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hey @RespectLife it just dawned on me . . . I take it your boss's daughter found some other employment for the summer?  

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

Oh yay...................................

Please tell!

Honored Contributor

There are no Debbie Downers here.  We have all had our moment under the cloud on this thread.

I'm praying for all of us and those around us to get through these challenges and come out the other side stronger and better.

Other than that, I got nothin'

It's hot here and will be through the weekend.  I think that's my cue to cook.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I did not want to go into the office today but I did need to get with the former WC#2 (who is now officially married as of last weekend) on some outstanding issues.

I am working on something now with people on the West Coast, but at least I can do this from my kitchen table.

Everyone in my department, and my whole building, is super busy.  I am going to have to send out the memo that says "let's all stipulate that we're all busy so we can stop wasting time discussing how busy we all are."

That is my single biggest pet peeve with people.

Shut up and work!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thankful Thursday . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for Thankful Thursday

@momtochloe

What a beautiful pic!   I found peace just looking at it-thank you so much for sharing this on this particular day.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok it officially got to 103 today-did not catch the heat index but I do know the expected was 112.   All I know is it is hot. Roads are buckling and water pipes are bursting and it is summer in The Lou.   Not every summer but more than not.  We have had mild summers for several years now so time to pay the piper. 

Now

@VaBelle35

@ChiliPepper

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

@novamc1

@Writer with Flair

@honeybit

Here is my take on things.  We all have our turn at being a Debbie Downer but something I was told decades ago.  The dark one owns those who do not belong to the Lord.  The dark one has to work harder on those he does not have in order to get them to curse God and turn away.  I feel we are a powerful source of prayer and he is going to work hard to get us to turn from our Comforter.  I just adopt the idea that we must be doing something right in order to get him to work so hard by causing trials in our lives so that we will turn from The Light.   We must ALWAYS remember who was allowed power over this  earthly world, in order for us to move on to the eternal home. 

@RespectLife

You just left a powerful week with like minds and souls-you are under attack.  We are here and I fully believe He will prevail.  Do what you need to, to get things resolved. 

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe

I don't know if you saw this on the community chat forum or not.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Legitimate-jobs-working-from-home/td-p/3917297

I am kind of thinking of checking on some work from home jobs, maybe this fall and bookmarked this for the ideas.  Thought I would pass it on, in case you were still interested in a job.  I haven't checked anything out from there just yet so don't know anything about any of them.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@momtochloe

I don't know if you saw this on the community chat forum or not.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Legitimate-jobs-working-from-home/td-p/3917297

I am kind of thinking of checking on some work from home jobs, maybe this fall and bookmarked this for the ideas.  Thought I would pass it on, in case you were still interested in a job.  I haven't checked anything out from there just yet so don't know anything about any of them.  Woman Happy

Oh yes I did @mustang66lady and have started investigating Sykes which looked to be highly recommended (I worry about being taken advantage of by fly by night companies).  I also just joined AARP as they have a database of jobs/sites (I was burned by a couple of other "older folks" sites) so I finally got over my angst with AARP and ponied up the $12 . . . thank you my friend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes!!!

Happy, happy Fantastic Friday!!!

Stay cool my Friends!