Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

P.S. also called "Puppy Chow" I believe!

Love that name!

@ChiliPepper

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

You all figured it out!  Yes, I meant the Chex Muddy Buddies!  LOL!  That caramel brownies muddy buddy thing-I'm not sure I would share!  LOL!

My oldest DD always loved to help in the kitchen, even when very young, so I always loved having recipes she could help with.  This was one of those recipes.  We would make it up, put it in a huge tupperware bowl and take it with us on vacation.  The tradition continues and that DD is now almost 37!

I don't think I have purchased the premade  ones but am sure they are wonderful but you can make a huge batch for what one of those small packages cost!  And there are many recipes changing the flavors a bit for all kinds of holidays like Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Pat's Day, and Halloween.  If anyone is interested, I will look in my files to see which ones I have.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@RespectLife

Awwwwww, I'm so sorry Respect. Such a sad thing, you have mentioned your BIL before & he sounds like a wonderful person.

I hope you can find a way to celebrate your years together with your hubby. Treasure him & your marriage as he should treasure you.

Hugs my friend!

(((((Respect)))))

@RespectLife

I so agree with what our @ChiliPepper said.  Honor the memory of your dear BIL by having a great anniversary-from what you have said, he would NOT want it any other way.  I think he would be sad to know that his passing into the Kingdom lessened your happiness in this wonderful marker of your marriage.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:
Free preview of World Fishing Network on Dish LOL I didn't want you all to miss this.

@VaBelle35

Thanks for letting us know about this "deal!"   I will pass on this one but if they ever have "Watching Grass Grow" - I'm all in!   Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

Hey there my friend!!! How's your afternoon going?

Got back from lessons & a quick stop at WM. 

Yes, I got the essentials: lasagna & Zima!!!

@ChiliPepper you bought Zima?????  Did you try one, what did you think of it?

@momtochloe

@mustang66lady

I liked it. What I especially liked was that it is not overly sweet like most of those type drinks are.

It ain't cheap though!!!

@ChiliPepper

@momtochloe

That's exactly why I love Zima as well-it has a tartness to it that makes it so refreshing.  Put some in the back of the fridge and enjoy one after a hot session of working in the yard-wonderful!  Add a squeeze of lime if you like it-I love lime so always have them in the house.  I really hope enough people like Zima enough that the PTB decided to either keep it out longer or make it a seasonal offering!

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe

@mustang66lady

I liked it. What I especially liked was that it is not overly sweet like most of those type drinks are.

It ain't cheap though!!!

@ChiliPepper

@mustang66lady

Oh . . . it wasn't cheap . . . no wonder it missed my periphery . . . tee hee!

@momtochloe

Yay, 9 something a 6 pack + deposit in NY which is a lot for me. I was having a "day" yesterday so I said s c r e w i t & bought it anyways LOL!!!

@ChiliPepper

@momtochloe

That's it!  @ChiliPepper-you and DD HAVE to move!  Zima is 7.50 here / 6-pack and was the same price in Salisbury, MD where we were over the weekend!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

Just wanted to say I'm soooooo glad the K-Team is here and posting.  Reading the rest of the "Recipes" board now just makes me feel sad and out of place.  I've been browsing through my collection of the recipes I copied when I first joined QVC and "Recipe Swap," and it made me realize all over again how many good, genuinely kind, cooks and tried and true family recipes were here then and how many just never came back after the most recent format change. 

I'm not quite ready to collect a recipe for Low Cal Water with Fat Free Ice Chips!

Speaking of "The Times They Are A-Changing" -- did you see on the news that Amazon has bought Whole Foods?  And that they now have drones that a person can stand up on? -- tee-hee, it takes Peeping Toms to a whole new level......

I am so not ready to launch forth into this Brave.  New.  World.......

@Honeybit

About that "not read to launch forth into this Brave. New. World....."- Right there with you Sista!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so happy to be back, K-Team!   We had a wonderful but whirlwind trip.   We left St. Louis Thursday morning after dropping the dogs off at the kennel.  We were using "siri" as our GPS although DH knew where we were going and how to get there.  He was concerned about road construction and traffic jams and Siri has been a help with those things in the past.  DH lived in Indianapolis years ago and decided we had time to venture off course so he could show me.  This upset Siri to no end.  I told him Siri would get even before we pulled into our hotel parking lot that night-and she did big time.  We were going to stay in Breezewood, PA the first evening.  Instead of getting us on the turnpike, Siri took us thru the mountains-it got very dark, started to rain, the 4 lane road became a two lane road as we were going up a huge mountain.  Every little town we passed thru looked like it had been closed up since 3 p.m. and it wasn't even 10 at night!  M knuckle's were white as we maneuvered that 2 lane road in the pitch black and pouring down rain.  We were so high, clouds were around us.  I think Rod Sterling welcomed us to the Twilight Zone.  We finally pulled up to our hotel at midnight to see a no vacancy sign.  I told DH if they had given our room away, we were sleeping in the van on the parking lot!  There was a truck stop next to the hotel-we could shower there in the morning!  Luckily our room was still ours. 

It was terribly hot and humid but the wedding was beautiful and went off without to much drama other than the country club a.c. was not working properly.  We left yesterday midday and drove from Salisbury, MD to just north of Lexington, KY (took a different route home).  Of course, about an hour before we arrived at the hotel, it started to pour rain again!  DH had even thought about powering thru and just driving on home but the rain ended that.  He was just too tired to try to drive further in that.  We left there about 10 this morning and got home about 1:30.  Our son in law got our doggies from the kennel for us just before noon and had them pottied and fed and watered and in their own kennels when we got home. 

We are tired and I have a mountain of emails to catch up on but wanted to come here first to see how the girls are !  

@RespectLife-Don't lose faith.  Things will work out-maybe not how we want or see, but they will work out none the less.  Your buyers can't see beyond the end of their own nose and don't understand your problems; their buyers understand the least.  Stay on the builder and the attny.  They should be busting their buns to accommodate your family. 

Oh and my sound advice to you all - Don't mess with Siri!  Woman Very Happy

Now I am going to clean up so I can rest and maybe have a Zima while I get caught up on those emails.  Hope everyone has a peaceful evening and stay cool! Thank you all for your prayers - they sure helped more than you know, especially that first night!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

I love Breezewood!  It's so fun.  It's the perfect tourist stop as the highways converge.  And at night, it's lit up light the Las Vegas Strip.

I think South of the Border is similar, but I've never been.  My brother loves South of the Border.

I'm not a fan of the Pennsylvania mountains at all.  One of my boyfriends used to take me to visit his family every holiday weekend up near the NY border.  There are no lights up there on the roads.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes!

Happy, happy Terrific Tuesday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Terrific Tuesday! . . .  Smiley Happy