Respected Contributor

Dear K-Team Prayer Warriors,

I have very good news.  My friend is out of surgery and back in her room resting.  The doctor said the surgery went well.  It was such an involved surgery that I was actually suprised that the doctor got done as soon as he did.

How can I tell you how much I appreciate all the prayers you Kitchenettes sent up?  I know it made all the difference in the world.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  When the K-Team prays, things happen, baby!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear K-Team Prayer Warriors,

I have very good news.  My friend is out of surgery and back in her room resting.  The doctor said the surgery went well.  It was such an involved surgery that I was actually suprised that the doctor got done as soon as he did.

How can I tell you how much I appreciate all the prayers you Kitchenettes sent up?  I know it made all the difference in the world.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  When the K-Team prays, things happen, baby!

Oh goodness @Writer with Flair what a wonderful update and God bless your friend and her medical team! . . . . as always good thoughts and prayers for your friend and her family but goodness what a great update and I thank you so much for that! . . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Respect,

How wonderful that your home has generated such interest so soon.  Knowing you to be a woman of exquisite taste, refinement, and culture, I am sure Maison Respect is a beautiful place.  Eat your heart out, House Beautiful Magazine!

Loved the WM Kitchen Residence.  Although, I thought your husband had gotten over that Chickien Husbandry Thing. (You wish.)   Will you have aforementioned Fowls-in-Residence at the new homeplace? 

Has Martha Stewart ever done a show on raising chickens?  I bet those little buggers would have a sweet setup, if she did.  I can see them getting little chicken massages, eating mash out of beautiful cut glass feeding bowls, and having little chicken jacuzzis where they relax in between bouts of egg laying with classical music playing softly in the background to calm their nerves.

Speaking of chicken, recently, I was thinking about making your One Pan Baked Greek Chicken thing (without the risotto--watching the carbs, don't 'cha know).  Will you be making that dish more often if you start to raise chickens (or will those chickens only be for laying eggs?).  If the egg option is the way you want to go, perhaps the Kitchenettes will unearth more recipes for quiches, frittatas, and of course, that Kitchenette fave, Egg Drop Soup.

Respect and mtc,

When I first got married, I had a gas stove.  I loved the fact that it gave you such instant temperature control.  I felt like an absolute Gourmet Chef when I cooked on it.  I fought the urge to take the frying pan off the burner and toss whatever was in the pan into the air like those fancy-schmancy chefs do on cooking shows.  I never actually ever tried that flipping thing, as I recall.  The big deterrent was that I knew that I would be the one who would have to clean up the mess when the contents of the pan did not end up back in the pan after I had tossed them into the air. (It happens).

By the way, I have a question:  If the plural of a sheaf is sheaves, then why isn't the plural of chef cheves?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Chef  FNM_08-09-11_Alton_Good_Eggs_008.tif + Chef  PHOTO, Emeril.png  + Chef  Because of the program's low budget, each episode was taped only once. If Child dropped an egg or her potatoes stuck to the pan, it was shown.      

=  THREE CHEVES

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

OMG, are these the cutest things or what????

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....

carrot-crescent-roll.jpg

Chili,

Those are the cutest things! 

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

bigdreams.jpg

Chili,

Thanks so much for all the beautiful and thoughtful quotes you shared with us today.  They really spoke to my heart.  You are a person of great depth, my good woman.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

images.jpg

Chili, 

Great and noble thoughts.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Favim.com-beautiful-life-love-quotes-quote-554894.jpg

Chili,

Ditto previous comments.  Love this one.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

66151iB70F83C237E9F257.jpg

Chili,

This is a great quote for my friend.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It is a beautiful sunny day.  We are getting up to 80 today.  The landscapers are outside mowing away.  The sounds of summer Smiley Very Happy

I thought I could stay home and clean today, but I've been working on formatting some of our materials since I have the time.

I put the word out that I am going on vacation for 2 weeks, so if you want it done before I leave, the clock is ticking.  So far, no takers.  They would be wise not to wait until 4pm on Thursday.

Dear Vabelle,

Have you started taking bets on who waits until the last minute to meet with you?  Do you think The Sidler will make an appearance late in the day?  I hope you can sneak out a little early to avoid the LMMs (Last Minute Miscreants).  Good luck, my friend.

P.S.  Wear soft-soled shoes so no one will hear you sneak out. Take it from One Who Knows.

Respected Contributor

Mustang,

Are you and yours okay today?  Thinking of you all.

Honeybit,

I hope you are safe with all the weather things going on.

Adoreqvc,

You are never out of our thoughts and prayers.