Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair  Sending prayers for your friend and the medical team.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have not been able to reach my Uncle this morning.  I know that he has a cold and the doctor was going to see him today to check him out.

My brother brought more of his things from his house plus his recliner, so he was happy to crawl into his chair yesterday.

My sister said he walks fine, doesn't need the walker, he can go up and down stairs.  When he first stands up, his first step is shaky, but he still working on getting his strength back. 

He didn't answer when I called this morning.

I will get a further update when I can talk to my sister on the phone.  All I have are sporadic texts.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Hi guys, just taking a quick break and then off to GW.  The Junk It guys meet me at the condo between 2-4 which should be interesting for me as I have absolutely nothing to sit on . . . ooops.

@Writer with Flair and @VaBelle35 good thoughts and prayers for your friends and family . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear K-Team Kitchnettes,

Please pray for a friend of mine who was rushed to the hospital.  They think she may have a clot in her lungs and may also need back surgery.  She has an auto-immune disease which complicates things greatly. 

This dear lady is partcularly close to our friend whose son was killed, so that friend stayed with her overnight in the hospital.  I will be seeing if some of the rest of us can help stay with our friend in the hospital so my other friend who lost her son does not have to.  She has been through so much in the past year and I don't think she can take any more stress and sleepless nights.

Thanks for your prayers.

@Writer with Flair

All I can say is the K-Team is on this!  Keep us updated when you can.  And of course, we will keep you and Mr. Writer in our prayers as well because we know you both will be helping with all you have and more.  Get rest, eat well and we are here when you need us.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

I am an egg carton balancer too!

Seriously, is there any other way???

@ChiliPepper

I'm odd man out on this.  The way I store my lock n lock egg keeper is on the shelf with narrow end to the door so I always use the eggs closest to the door first as I feel they always are the ones that get that burst of warm air every time the refrigerator is opened.  I guess I have to march to a different drummer or take the path less chosen!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I haven't been having any issues with this site other than logging in to my account page.

Maybe it's a browser issue?  I use Chrome.

It's cloudy and a little drizzly this morning, but it's warm.  We will hit the mid-70s today with a chance of a thunderstorm this evening.

I am so annoyed (mostly at me).  I was told there was going to be a meeting set up at 9 am today, so I went shopping for my new hire event this afternoon on Sunday and brought everything into the office because I was afraid I wouldn't have time to go shopping between meetings.  I could not log in yesterday because our remote access was down being updated.  And I forgot my laptop at home, so I couldn't log in when I got to the office yesterday.

So the meeting is now at 12:30 instead of 9:00 am and I have nothign to do. My boss is on vacation this week.  I am supposed to file somethign today, but I haven't heard a thing about it yet.  I drafted it in NOVEMBER.  I asked about it in JANUARY.  I am not killing myself to get it out today.  I doubt it will go out today.  She never does anything when it's due.  This is why I asked to be removed for that particular role, I can't work under those conditions.  LOL

So my afternoon event is cheese and crackers.  I've been doing breakfast since we started this last summer and I'm over breakfast.  I got sparking cider, grapes, hummus, sliced baguette, olives, salami.    It got canoli chips and dip and Italian cookie assortment for sweets.  It's overly Italian probably because Wegmans is in Easter mode, so all of that jumped out at me.

I spent way more than I do on breakfast and, because no one responded until today, I only have 8 people who said yes.  So now I have food for like 50 people.

I brought all of the serving stuff down this morning and put sticky notes on what goes in which dish because I won't remember which dish I decided to use for the cheese or the bread at 3:00.  LOL  I hope no one sees that as I will not live that down.

I do that at home, but no one sees it but me. LOL

@VaBelle35

Honestly VaBelle, I believe you could organize and run the world!   You never cease to amaze me how on top of everything you are!   You should teach classes-seriously!   Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hi guys, just taking a quick break and then off to GW.  The Junk It guys meet me at the condo between 2-4 which should be interesting for me as I have absolutely nothing to sit on . . . ooops.

@Writer with Flair and @VaBelle35 good thoughts and prayers for your friends and family . . . Heart

@momtochloe

Do you have a folding lawn chair you could throw in your car to take to your condo while you wait for the Junk It guys to come?   At least you would have a seat.  Take a bottle of water and some toilet paper in case you need to use the facilities and maybe a book to keep you company while you are waiting.  You need the break.  

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe

Do you have a folding lawn chair you could throw in your car to take to your condo while you wait for the Junk It guys to come?   At least you would have a seat.  Take a bottle of water and some toilet paper in case you need to use the facilities and maybe a book to keep you company while you are waiting.  You need the break.  

Actually @mustang66lady I think I am just going to wait in the car as it's comfy and I'll have my radio and Kindle to keep my company plus I'll be able to see them if they look like they need navigational help.

The Gods of Driving have been very kind to me today so I was floored when traffic was stopped dead on a four lane road but no emergency lights until I realized they were doing road work up ahead . . . luckily I snuck into Popeye's and avoid the whole mess . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

I am an egg carton balancer too!

Seriously, is there any other way???

@ChiliPepper

I'm odd man out on this.  The way I store my lock n lock egg keeper is on the shelf with narrow end to the door so I always use the eggs closest to the door first as I feel they always are the ones that get that burst of warm air every time the refrigerator is opened.  I guess I have to march to a different drummer or take the path less chosen!  Woman Very Happy

@mustang66lady

Well, that makes perfect sense. I have a very small fridge so I am always trying to wrangle something in there. I figure if there are less eggs near the edge of the carton, there is less chance something will fall out.

Unless I drop the whole thing LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Dearest @Writer with Flair

Please know I am praying right now as I read your post about your dear friend.

Having recently witnessed the power of prayer, I know we are all lifting her up...and you and Mr. Writer too!