Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

No wonder many people don't cook anymore . . . I just microwaved a container of Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes and they are delicious.  Boy if you need potatoes in a hurry (emergency spuds, tee hee!) I highly recommend them . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe
These?????
Yowza.........
DD LOVES mashed spuds!!!

download.jpg

Oh goodness @ChiliPepper they are so good!  I wish they had this variety but the one I did try (I think it's Sour Cream and Chive) is delicious!  If you want mashed potatoes in a hurry I could not recommend these enough (or if you have a Trader Joe's by you their frozen mashed potato buds are delicious and what's nice about them is that you can make as much as you need so no leftovers).

How goes it today my friend?

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy first day of spring

Honored Contributor

New Grandpa:  don't children just get it right???

My DH's father was named by my children at a very young age...  "Daddy's Daddy"

He was never a grandfather to them in any way.  They saw him seldom (due to his 'emotional' state).  The kids knew he wasn't a 'real' Grandpa in any sense of the word.

Sad to say...my DH's twin is "Dad's brother" ...still....and my kids are adults now!  He has seldom seen them EVER due to his selfishness.  The bro's never had a fight or falling out or anything.  He was just flying all over the world with his fancy career and never had the time for his ONLY neice and nephew.  He moved to TN ages ago.  He then  lost his big wig job a while ago and his life took a lousy downward spiral...mostly financial since he wouldn't lower himself to taking just 'work'.  He is now at the bottom of the bottom and stays in contact w/ my DH via texts and calls.  He gave us tons of medical advice for our daughter, NONE of which he was qualified to make.

He has access to my kids FB page but didn't contact them during this health crisis that I know of.  Just texted DH.

I think you EARN those titles.  I pray New Grandpa is sincere and earns the right to be called such a loving title by @mustang66lady grandson!

Honored Contributor

For anyone who has LeCreuset or other enameled cast iron pots...there is an interesting thread under Community Chat about how to get them clean if you have accidentally burned a bit.

Some of the suggestions are really different! 

I hope I don't burn anything in mine, but I saved all the suggestions to file...just in case!

Honored Contributor

Hey @RespectLife when your new house is completed you need to look into these chickens for your DH:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/us/big-chicken-video-twitter-trnd/index.html

I swear if where I live/will be living was zoned for this I would have a dozen of them . . . they are so fabulous!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady I hope your DH is home safe and sound . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Wow @mustang66lady I am glad your DH is driving home later today and not now as we are getting hammered, the whole house is shaking . . . thank goodness this will all blow out of here in a couple of hours!

@momtochloe

He said that there were two rounds of storms up there last night; he is still there.  He won't be coming home until Wednesday; was suppose to come home Tuesday but there was problems with the training program so everything got set back one day.  It was 86 here today-a record high, tomorrow will have a high of 20 degrees cooler and Wednesday, it won't make it out of the low 40's and we are to have sleet!  He will have an interesting drive home that evening!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

New Grandpa:  don't children just get it right???

My DH's father was named by my children at a very young age...  "Daddy's Daddy"

He was never a grandfather to them in any way.  They saw him seldom (due to his 'emotional' state).  The kids knew he wasn't a 'real' Grandpa in any sense of the word.

Sad to say...my DH's twin is "Dad's brother" ...still....and my kids are adults now!  He has seldom seen them EVER due to his selfishness.  The bro's never had a fight or falling out or anything.  He was just flying all over the world with his fancy career and never had the time for his ONLY neice and nephew.  He moved to TN ages ago.  He then  lost his big wig job a while ago and his life took a lousy downward spiral...mostly financial since he wouldn't lower himself to taking just 'work'.  He is now at the bottom of the bottom and stays in contact w/ my DH via texts and calls.  He gave us tons of medical advice for our daughter, NONE of which he was qualified to make.

He has access to my kids FB page but didn't contact them during this health crisis that I know of.  Just texted DH.

I think you EARN those titles.  I pray New Grandpa is sincere and earns the right to be called such a loving title by @mustang66lady grandson!

@RespectLife

I had to laugh; his mother called me today to say that our grandson did indeed leave with his "new Grandpa" and step Grandma although I'm not sure what he is calling her just yet.   DD said our grandson was questioning New Grandpa about me-asking him if he knew me?!   Bet that question got some eye rolls!  

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hey @RespectLife when your new house is completed you need to look into these chickens for your DH:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/us/big-chicken-video-twitter-trnd/index.html

I swear if where I live/will be living was zoned for this I would have a dozen of them . . . they are so fabulous!

Wow that chicken is on roids!  

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Terrific Tuesday . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for happy terrific tuesday