Honored Contributor

Quick And Easy Cheesecake

[ Edited ]

We were discussing the disappointing quality and expense of purchased cheesecakes on another thread which reminded me of this super easy and fast one.  I've frequently made it for special people in lieu of traditional birthday cake.  They're always thrilled.  I'm not a big fan of the "Impossible" line of recipes so I eliminate the baking mix and make a traditional crumb crust using prepared crumbs.  It makes a large pie.  I usually cover with a can of pie filling after it cools.  I've used "lite" cream cheese and Splenda too.  I've always used a food processor.  I'm not sure this would all fit in my VitaMix 

From a Mr. Food Cookbook from QVC

20211220_144454.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Quick And Easy Cheesecake

@Kachina624   Thank you for posting. 

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624, Thank you for posting this. Somewhere in my cookbook shelves I have old Bisquick cookbooks with the most fantastic recipes, savory & sweet both. I am going to hunt for those books. Happy & healthy holidays & New Year to you!
Respected Contributor

Forgot to add: Also have a couple of Mr. Food cookbooks too. I will look for them. I remember they have very useful recipes too
Trusted Contributor

I JUST made the keto version of this today and it DID all fit in my Vitamix. I think my pie pan was a little big, so it finished baking early. Good thing it was a test run to take to my friend's for Christmas! But, it was quite yummy.  I was wondering if it would work in a spring form pan instead of a pie plate, but I read that someone tried it and the sides kind of collapsed.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Our must have lazy Christmas pie is very much like this!  

6oz prepared graham cracker crust

1 package (8oz) of cream cheese, softened

1 can (14oz) Eagle Brand(R) Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 tsp lemon zest

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 21oz can cherry pie filling

OPTIONAL frozen whipped topping, thawed

BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon peel.

POUR into pie crust. Cover and chill 3 hours or until set. Remove cherries from pie filling using a slotted spoon; spoon cherries onto top of pie. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Seems like I've made a version of this too but IT contained marichino cherries, drained pineapple and chopped pecans.  The recipe I posted is more like real baked cheesecake in texture and taste.  Both are good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment