Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quiche recipes ~ do you have a favorite to share?

LilBitMissty posted a yummy breakfast quiche here a few months ago. I've made it several times.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/recipe/topic/395759/breakfast-quiche.aspx

Trusted Contributor

How about quiche cups made in a regular-size muffin tin with refrigerated crescent rolls as the crust/cups? I made this Muffuletta Quiche Cups recipe once for a women's ministry brunch-- real easy and tasty. I used pimentos and chopped black olives instead of the pimento-stuffed green olives; also added some finely chopped sautéed onions. The cups present well, too. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/muffuletta-quiche-cups/e711fcda-5e3e-47b5-9f74-249dc617ee34
Honored Contributor

CRUSTLESS Spinach Quiche

1 Tbs oil

1 medium onion, chopped

1 Ten oz pkg chopped spinach, thawed, excess moisture squeezed out

5 eggs

3/4 lb muenster cheese, grated

salt and pepper

1 well sprayed pie plate

Preheat oven to 350

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat

Add onion and saute until clear

Add spinach and cook just until liquid evaporates. Let cool.

In bowl beat eggs

Add cheese, salt and pepper to taste.

Add spinach mixture.

Smooth into sprayed pie pan

Bake 40-45 minutes until nicely browned.

Reheats nicely

Great with a salad for dinner or served as a vegetable!

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Holly Jolly JingleBells said:

I love quiche, so easy and versatile, but the key to a great quiche is a good flaky crust. My mom used to prepare her crust and put it in a pie shell or quiche dish and blind bake it at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Let it cool then brush it with egg whites to keep the bottom from getting soggy.

I like all sorts of ingredients in my quiche but especially a ham and spinach quiche. I cube the ham into small pieces and use fresh, blanched spinach or the frozen chopped spinach. For a 9" quiche I use about 1 1/2 cups of meat and veg. I also like sauteed mushrooms, but if you're taking it to a brunch I know not all people like mushrooms. I like mine with lots of cheese so I use between 1 1/2 - 2 cups of grated Swiss. Combine that all together and put in the pie shell, then mix 3 beaten eggs and 1 1/2 cups of milk and pour that over the filling. I bake it at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes and it always turns out good, never runny in the middle and not overdone.

Of course bacon makes a wonderful quiche and goes well with cheddar and jack cheese. Other veggies I like to use are asparagus, chopped scallions, green chilis, roasted red peppers, steamed broccoli. I just might have to make one for dinner.

ITA! Now you're making me want to make a quiche. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Frequent Contributor

Google Paula Deen's Quiche recipe. It is delicious. Her's calls for spinach and bacon but I have also made it with ham. Gets lots of 5 stars.

I think I'll make it for New Year's Day = now that someone has mentioned it.

Trusted Contributor

This is a delicious recipe, and if you don't like green chilis, leave them out, haha! You could add mushrooms, or whatever you prefer.

I made some changes to the recipe, and put my notes in parenthesis.

This is a picture of one of my individual servings:

photo 20140621_3_zpsdd2a6060.jpg

Green Chile Crustless Quiche

http://www.horizondairy.com/recipes/green-chile-crustless-quiche/

Yield: 4 generous servings if using individual casserole dishes.

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cooking Time: 25 Minutes

Easy, cheesy and delicious! Add sautéed vegetables or cooked meat instead of green chiles if you prefer.

Ingredients

5 Horizon organic Large Eggs

1/8 teaspoon salt

Black pepper to taste

1 cup Horizon Organic reduced fat 2% milk (I used half & half instead of milk)

1 cup Horizon Organic cottage cheese (I used small curd, 4%)

1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained (I used 4 oz can, drained)

1 (6-ounce) bag Horizon Organic Mexican blend cheese OR—

(I used about 5 oz freshly shredded Monterey Jack & Cheddar)

I also added diced ham, about ½ cup

Directions

Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray or butter an 8-inch deep-dish pie plate. (I used 4 Fiesta individual casserole dishes, lightly coated with coconut oil.)

In a large bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add half & half, cottage cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Whisk in chilies and cheese.

This makes 32 oz of quiche filling.

Pour into prepared dishes and bake until top is golden and quiche is set in center (test with a knife), about 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.

Honored Contributor

I always do this to myself.. I ask for ideas from the great cooks on this forum, and then it's almost impossible to decide which to use!

The first recipe I came across was Paula Deen's, but a couple of the ladies attending eat Kosher. I might make one of Paula's and one just veggie and cheese.

I never use store-bought crusts when I bake, but I'm thinking of using them for this to save some time. Is there a reason I shouldn't?

~ house cat ~