New Contributor

I had a recipe for a Quiche that was made with finely diced pimentos, and some peppers, crumbled sausage, and cheese and used Ritz crackers for the base of it. Does anyone know of or have that recipe? I would appreciate your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: QUICHE baked in a 13x9 Pan

@chance6 I found a recipe called Kraft three cheese appetizers that sounds just like it...you will have to google it as I have no idea how to post a link.

Valued Contributor

I would like to know also,

I go to the deli for 2 slices and they make plenty of money for spinach quiche.

Esteemed Contributor

Quiches are so easy, though I do not have your exact Ritz recipe.

Here's what I would do...

For the crust:

Crumble the crackers, toss in melted butter and press into your dish. Bake @ 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (maybe less). Remove from oven and cool.

For the filling:

You can either remove the sausage from the casing (which I would probably do) and crumble, cook in a little EVOO until brown.

or....

You can cook the sausage in the casings and then cut into bite sized pieces.

Saute pimentos, other peppers and onion until translucent.

Whisk (as though for scrambled eggs) 3 extra large eggs, salt & pepper (other seasoning if you like; i.e., parsley) shredded cheese. Add in sausage and peppers. Add in 1 cup or so of heavy cream.

Put filling into the cooled crust and bake for about 22 (or so) minutes @ 350 degrees.

Rest before cutting.

New Contributor

Thank you for your help.

Respected Contributor

Hi  chance6

Earlier today I looked around for your recipe, but the closest I came was the same recipe that  mentioned.

Even though they call it an appetizer, if you cut the pieces larger, it's an entree. LOL!

It doesn't call for either sausage or pimentos, but just switch your pimentos for the roasted red peppers, & add your crumbled, cooked sausage.

Sorry I wasn't able to find what you were really looking for! Perhaps someone else will.

(BTW, this recipe calls for a lot of Dijon. IMO, way too much.)

Three Cheese Quiche Appetizers

What You Need

• 36 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
  • 3 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup DI GIORNO Shredded Pecorino Romano Cheese

Make It

• Heat oven to 350°F.
  • Mix cracker crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min.
  • Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over crust; top with peppers and remaining mozzarella.
  • Whisk eggs, milk, mustard and parsley until blended; pour over ingredients in pan. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano.
  • Bake 30 to 35 min. or until center is set. Cool 10 min. before cutting into bars. Serve warm.
Muddling through...
New Contributor

Thank you this is very close to the recipe that uses Gruyere cheese.

Respected Contributor

@Harpa

I would do just about what you suggested, because quiche is a fairly basic egg dish that varies only by what you  choose to throw in with the eggs.  I would use more eggs  and make sure other ingredients are adequate because a 13x9 dish is a lot bigger than a pie plate-sized normal quiche, but the OP's list of ingredients sounds delicious.

I make a frittata fairly often that contains the same things.........minus a crust.

Trusted Contributor

@chance6   I was just catching up on posts I had missed and saw your request.  I think this may be the recipe you remember.  Anyway, it sounds luscious!

HOLIDAY APPETIZER QUICHE

CRUST:

1 1/2 c. unsifted all purpose flour

1 1/2 c. finely crushed butter-type crackers

2/3 c. butter flavor shortening

1/2 c. water (1 TB at a time)

FILLING:

1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

2/3 c. chopped ham, crumbled, cooked sausage, diced pepperoni, or crumbled, cooked bacon

3/4 c. thinly sliced green onions and tops

1/4 c. snipped fresh parsley

1 (4 oz) jar (1/3 c.) diced pimentos, well drained

5 eggs

1 c. whipping cream

1 c. half and half

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

For crust, combine flour and cracker crumbs. Cut in butter flavor shortening until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Sprinkle with water, one tablespoon at a time. Toss with fork until crumbs are completely moistened. Press mixture into bottom of ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan. ****** crust with a fork.

Prepare filling by sprinkling cheese, meat, onions, parsley, and pimientos evenly over crust. Beat eggs, cream, half and half, and seasonings together. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut in 1-1/2 by 2 inch pieces. Serve warm. Great for brunch or cut into pieces for an appetizer.  (Makes about 50 appetizers.)

NOTE: Crust may bubble during baking and need to be pricked with a fork again.

Frequent Contributor

This is a great recipe.  I have made it for years.  I use 2 cups of Swiss cheese,  Club Crackers or Town House crackers for the base & use butter instead of Crisco . I  always use cubed ham.  Just make sure you use a jelly roll pan that has sides. It will be full.

I am sure that you could use a 13 x 9 pan but may have to cook it a bit longer. because it will be thick.

Hope you try it.