Respected Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

On 4/1/2015 italia814 said:
On 3/27/2015 Stella Dallas said:

I don't eat animal babies.

Neither do I - never have, never will.

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-sheep-chewing-gum-surprised-face.gif ditto.....to those of you who do, enjoy your slaughtered baby lamb{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Super Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

Red Cabbage and Turnips.....Lamb is my all time fave dinner.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Kachina624 said: Your lamb sounds luscious, SANNA. I love it but have never cooked it. Is cilantro commonly used in Greek food? I think of it being Mexican.
Thank you Kachina. I am from the Black Sea area in Russia/Ukraine. Our food is influenced by many and my Grandma studied in Paris,so I got exposure from everywhere. Cilantro is being used by everybody, I think on my experience. I like to toss it in salads! Try this lamb it is really easy. Enjoy!
Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 fourpaws said:

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-sheep-chewing-gum-surprised-face.gif ditto.....to those of you who do, enjoy your slaughtered baby lamb{#emotions_dlg.angry}

I personally have never eaten lamb. I only eat beef (not veal), pork, chicken and turkey.

Respected Contributor

Then do not write on this discussion, there plenty of others. BTW there is question out there about vegeterian main dish, go and post something creative, we might learn something from you. Otherwise enjoy your Tofurkey!!!
Super Contributor

I would serve it with baby roasted red potatoes and either young asparagus or baby artichokes. Don't forget the mint jelly!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

WE love lamb. We always cook it with fresh Rosemary and garlic. For sides we have crusty rolls and Caesar salad. The lamb is the main course!! FYI Lamb shanks are so tasty cooked in a crock pot with spaghetti sauce. The meat falls off the bone and its very tasty on pasta. Even my 11 yr. old Granddaughter loves it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Quiltlady said:

WE love lamb. We always cook it with fresh Rosemary and garlic. For sides we have crusty rolls and Caesar salad. The lamb is the main course!! FYI Lamb shanks are so tasty cooked in a crock pot with spaghetti sauce. The meat falls off the bone and its very tasty on pasta. Even my 11 yr. old Granddaughter loves it.

What a good idea! Thanks. If you like shank bone, I sometimes buy those chops or slices with the shank bone in the center. And then I soutee them layerd with onions,eggplants,tomatoes,zuccinies,potatoes,sweet peppers, lots of garlic and herbs. Just simmer it all together. TDF !
Contributor

On 4/2/2015 SANNA said:

Then do not write on this discussion, there plenty of others. BTW there is question out there about vegeterian main dish, go and post something creative, we might learn something from you. Otherwise enjoy your Tofurkey!!!

ANYONE and EVERYONE can respond to ANY and EVERY discussion that they want to.

Respected Contributor

well, of COURSE its slaughtered, you wouldn''t eat it LIVE!