Honored Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

On 4/2/2015 Quiltlady said:

WE love lamb. We always cook it with fresh Rosemary and garlic. For sides we have crusty rolls and Caesar salad. The lamb is the main course!! FYI Lamb shanks are so tasty cooked in a crock pot with spaghetti sauce. The meat falls off the bone and its very tasty on pasta. Even my 11 yr. old Granddaughter loves it.

lamb shanks ARE delicious cooked low and slow. i like to sear them before simmering or slow cooking them. i like to add some water, beef better than bouillon, carrots, potato, onions, turmeric, salt , pepper, garlic, saffron, and sometimes a dried hot pepper or two. the broth it creates is just as delicious as the meat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

On 4/2/2015 italia814 said:
On 4/2/2015 SANNA said:
On 4/2/2015 fourpaws said:
On 4/1/2015 italia814 said:
On 3/27/2015 Stella Dallas said:

I don't eat animal babies.

Neither do I - never have, never will.

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-sheep-chewing-gum-surprised-face.gif ditto.....to those of you who do, enjoy your slaughtered baby lamb{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Then do not write on this discussion, there plenty of others. BTW there is question out there about vegeterian main dish, go and post something creative, we might learn something from you. Otherwise enjoy your Tofurkey!!!

ANYONE and EVERYONE can respond to ANY and EVERY discussion that they want to.

of course they can.. and the Supreme Court says its legal to cry "FIRE" in crowded theater, but anyone who DOES, honestly knows they are only doing it to incite a riot...

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Mothertrucker said:

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-sheep-chewing-gum-surprised-face.gif ditto.....to those of you who do, enjoy your slaughtered baby lamb{#emotions_dlg.angry}

well, of COURSE its slaughtered, you wouldn''t eat it LIVE!

yeah, I guess not huh

Esteemed Contributor

All animals raised for consumption are slaughtered at an early age so they will be tender. Fryers are just 6 weeks old.

Why would you want OLD animals? Most would die from disease before they are slaughtered.

What age would you deem appropriate? If animals were not slaughtered for food they would consume all the other food grown on this earth. Then we would all starve! Animals eat plants!

Yes, state your opinion! Eat what you want to eat! Why criticize those who disagree?

Don't they have the same rights that you have?

Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Mothertrucker said:
On 4/2/2015 italia814 said:
On 4/2/2015 SANNA said:

Then do not write on this discussion, there plenty of others. BTW there is question out there about vegeterian main dish, go and post something creative, we might learn something from you. Otherwise enjoy your Tofurkey!!!

ANYONE and EVERYONE can respond to ANY and EVERY discussion that they want to.

of course they can.. and the Supreme Court says its legal to cry "FIRE" in crowded theater, but anyone who DOES, honestly knows they are only doing it to incite a riot...

A totally ILLOGICAL comparison.