Respected Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

That's interesting Kachina; I haven't run into bland lamb yet, but I'll keep my taste buds ready, just in case.

We roast potatoes and various veg with our lamb; also rotisserie it (on our trusty Showtime Set it and Forget it) {#emotions_dlg.laugh} so it's nice and flavorful and not overly greasy. Try it if anyone has one stashed away in the garage, LOL.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

Yes, to each his own....I'm with Stella Dallas.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Goldie76 said:

Definitely quartered potatoes baked with lemon juice, oregano and lamb drippings. Add a green vegetable or salad and whatever else strikes your fancy.

Happy Bless-ed Easter Goldie....with love......"meh agape".

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Really appreciated.

To those who don't eat lamb. Thanks for being kind when posting.

Have a Happy Easter no matter what you choose to eat for dinner!

Honored Contributor

I don't eat meat now, haven't for 15 years. However, when I did lamb was a favorite. I used to prepare leg o lamb with highly seasoned (lots of garlic) roasted red potatoes, scalloped potatoes or a seasoned rice. I think the Basmati rice a poster recommended is great!

Since lamb can be flavored so many ways, I might take some of the spices and flavors from the lamb and continue the theme with a good rice!

Respected Contributor

We always do fresh peas with mint...

also a ""vinegary"" cucumber salad helps cut the richness...

Super Contributor

just bought leg of lamb- always serve with rice and peas (and gravy!)

Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Stella Dallas said:

I don't eat animal babies.

Neither do I - never have, never will.

Respected Contributor

I cook lamb every week, mostly shoulder chops and prefer American meat, to me it is just tastes better and fresher. But I cook leg of lamb for holidays almost always. I celebrate Passover and going to roast it with garlic, salt, pepper,herbs and smothered with European hot mustard. Sides are always fresh Greek salad, potatoes, rice pilaf or quinoa, green string beans. Lots of fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro. Dry apricots,dates, figs are always good to be thrown in the cooking. Very Biblical and complements lamb. Enjoy everybody whatever you celebrate!!!!!
Honored Contributor

Your lamb sounds luscious, SANNA. I love it but have never cooked it. Is cilantro commonly used in Greek food? I think of it being Mexican.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment