Respected Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Housecat, I know you are doing The Whole 30, and I read it's rules.  If you love pumpkin, why not enjoy it?  I don't agree with all of the rules-such as not "being allowed" to combine ingredients to make knock offs of things like cake or muffins....but I have the following recipe quite frequently.  If your conscience allows, please try. It's fantastic on a busy morning or an afternoon snack......

PUMPKIN MUG CAKE

In a large microwave proof mug, beat one egg with a smidge of baking powder (about 1/8 tsp). It does make it a little less dense, but if you don't want to use it, it will still turn out.

Add 2 Tb. Flax meal and 2 Tb. Almond meal and a splash of vanilla.  Of course add cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice. Mix everything and microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes.

I am cautious with all sugar replacements-I will use stevia, but I know you can't.....however, we can use fruit: chopped apple or pear is fantastic!  If you are allowed dates or dried figs or prunes, those are all natural sweeteners with great nutrition and fiber and would be great too.

I love my mug cake, but I want to play with this basic recipe and create a bar cookie.....maybe this weekend I will work on it.

Is this helping with your migraines?

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

@Poodlepet2

So far I've been very careful to not eat anything resembling sweets, but I'll keep your recipe in my arsenal for an emergency situation, lol.

~ house cat ~