Honored Contributor

From Kevin.  I haven't tried this yet but I will Woman LOL

Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4

All of the flavours of pumpkin pie in French toast form that goes really well smothered in maple syrup.

ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 8 slices of bread
directions
  1. Mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and brown sugar in low flat bowl for easy dipping.
  2. Heat a pan over medium heat.
  3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture on both sides and grill in a pan until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minute per side.

toast

Honored Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Pie French Toast

PS

The cook time seems off in the opening direction, but I think we can tell when French Toast is ready.

Honored Contributor

Sounds delicious!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I started making this several years ago and my family just goes crazy over it! I use TJ’s pumpkin pie spice and a little extra Madagascar cinnamon. 

I make ale a big batch and freeze what doesn’t get eaten. Just put two slices in a quart size zip bag and freeze flat. Pop in toaster.

They like theirs with toasted pecans on top. And sometimes instead of syrup... spiced apples.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking double the wet ingredients, use crusty french bread slices and let it soak overnite in a 9x13 pan. Bake in the morning.

Add cream cheese filling for stuffed french toast.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirdieGal wrote:

I started making this several years ago and my family just goes crazy over it! I use TJ’s pumpkin pie spice and a little extra Madagascar cinnamon. 

I make ale a big batch and freeze what doesn’t get eaten. Just put two slices in a quart size zip bag and freeze flat. Pop in toaster.

They like theirs with toasted pecans on top. And sometimes instead of syrup... spiced apples.

@BirdieGal

That is a good idea!  Does it come out crispy - I hate mushy french toast.  

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I'm thinking double the wet ingredients, use crusty french bread slices and let it soak overnite in a 9x13 pan. Bake in the morning.

Add cream cheese filling for stuffed french toast.

OMG,  You people are killing me!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne

Oh yes! It comes out nice and crispy and browned. 

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

Oh, what good ideas, @BirdieGal !  I love both ideas, toasted pecans and spiced apples.  Delicious Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

This recipe sounds wonderful. I am going to make some soon. Love pumpkin spice everything. Smiley Happy and Halloween. Smiley Happy