Esteemed Contributor

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

[ Edited ]

14 Graham Cracker (to clarify, graham cracker's come in 2 squares per sheet, I used 26 squares or 14 -  2 square sheets)

6 tablespoons butter

32 ounces of Cream Cheese, at room temperature

4 Eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups sugar

15 Ounce pumpkin Puree

Crumble Topping

1/2 cup Butter

1 Cup Flour

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon

Preparation

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and butter.  Stir until mixture develops a wet sand texture.

Cover the bottom of a sprayed non-stick cooking spray 9x13 inch baking pan with mixture and spread evenly using fork.  Chill.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar.  Stir until mixture is smooth.

Pour half of the cheese batter into the chilled baking pan and freeze, smoothing the top.

With remaining half of batter add in pumpkin puree and stir until incorporated.  Spoon pumpkin cheesecake mixture to frozen cheesecake mixture and spread evenly.

Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted  in middle comes out clean,

In a mixing bowl, combine butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated and mixture develops a wet sand texture.

Top cheesecake with crumble topping and bake for an additional 25 minutes.

Allow cheesecake to cool at room temperature.  For best results refrigerate overnight once completely cooled;

ENJOY!

Valued Contributor

These sound yummy. Have you tried making with less sugar. Just wondering if I could cut it and still save the consistency. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

@SandPiper I have not, I followed the recipe as it is.

Super Contributor

I am thinking of doing this instead of a pie.  Isn't the pumpkin purée different from regular canned pumpkin?

Esteemed Contributor

@chips Yes it is, I could not find it locally anywhere so I ended up ordering from Amazon!

Trusted Contributor

I use canned pumpkin in recipes calling for puree