Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem With Cake Sticking To The Pan - I'm Depressed

@KentuckyWoman 

I know that all is said and done on your end and that you've had your family dinner at your son's home.  Hope everyone had a great time.

Haven't been on here for some time and just saw your query, but did want comment regarding your issue.

I no longer have any issue with a cake releasing because I practice the following:

1.  Grease your pans with Crisco, regardless of pan type.  Use no substitute and do not use a dairy product or oil.  Use Crisco only.  I purchase a small container of it and keep it in the frig and use it only for greasing my pans.

2.  Use all-purpose flour to flour the pan, on top of the Crisco coating.  Vigorously tap excess flour out into the sink.  I whack my pans rather hard against the side on the sink closest me in order to accomplish this.

3.  Unless the recipe indicates otherwise, remove your cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack and let it sit there for 20 minutes.  Refrain from flipping the pan over to remove the cake soon after removing from oven.

4.  P.S.:  If you're ever baking anything like brownies, cake rounds, etc., in a square pan, best thing to do is to get out a roll of parchment paper, unroll it a bit, place your pan on it, take a pencil and follow the outside edge on the parchment paper.  Remove pan, cut pan shape with scissors, just a teeny bit shorter than the pencil line on the paper.  Now grease the bottom and sides.  Place the parchment paper down onto the greased bottom and move it into place.  Place ~1Tbs or more of AP flour on top of the parchment paper, go to the sink, then tip the pan, coating all sides, then whack hard as above.  If you're making brownies, for instance, let them cool thoroughly after baking, run a knife around the edge, then quickly flip onto a rack, peel the parchment paper off and then with another rack flip the entire brownie over either onto another rack or large plate.  Cut, arrange and be sure to seal them well, as even moist brownie will dry out easily.

Happy Baking!

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I personally don’t think you should get depressed over this ... I would just go to a bakery & buy a cake already made & forget about the baking mishap!!

I guess depressed was not the correct emotion.  Aggravated and frustrated would be a better description.  I actually "glued" one of them together with frosting and took it to the pool party.  We had a good laugh and there wasn't any cake left. 

Thanks everyone for all the great tips.  My DIL's mother said she lets her bundt cakes cool completely before she removes them from the pan and that works for her. 

Honored Contributor

I would throw that pan away ,and buy a new one

Honored Contributor

l always use the spray baking coating——it works  every time and especially for bundt pans—-

Esteemed Contributor

Silicone bunt pan gives you that little bit of extra flexibility to get them out of the pan easily.

I love my silicone kitchen ware.

Regular Contributor

I, too, am having this problem with cake sticking to the pan!  So annoying!  My question is, have any of you used a silicone bundt pan?  If so, how does it work?  I have a silicone muffin tin (Pan) which I use for baked eggs . . .  they slide right out, so I wondered if the silicone cake pan would do the trick?  Thanks for any info you can give me.

Trusted Contributor

I think eventually the pans needs to be replaced.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I have a chocolate cake from scratch recipe I have been making for 40 years.  We are going to a pool party tomorrow at our son's home and he asked me to bring chocolate cake with caramel  frosting.  I failed three times.  The cake simply would not come out of the bundt pan without falling apart or part of the cake sticking to the pan.  I greased and floured the pan just like always.  I can't figure out what I did wrong or what is going on.  I followed the recipe to he letter.  My husband tried to console me and blamed it on the heat and humidity.  I have never had this happen with this cake before. 

Has anyone here had that problem and do you know what would cause this to happen?   I don't bake a lot of cakes but I've never had this happen before. 

This was happening to me repeatedly with the old Bundt pan that I was using, and the only thing that I could think of was that the non-stick finish on the inside of the pan just finally wore-off too much.

I would liberally grease and flour the pan. In the past when I would bake with it, this wouldn't be a problem and cakes would come out of the pan without sticking to it.

I finally gave up on using that particular pan.

I haven't made any Bundt cakes yet in the new pan that I bought.

If I've done any baking, it has been in smaller pans. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KentuckyWoman   I was so sick of regular cake pans getting dark and looking ugly so I decided to buy the silicone cake pans and I have to say that I really like them.  So sorry about your cake.  Sometimes you have to line the cake pan with wax paper (I do this when I make a three layer German Choc. cake) and the cake comes right out.  For the bundt pan, buy the flour spray in a can.  There is no way the cake will stick using that.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

For bundt cakes, I let them cool for 15 minutes before turning them out of the pan.  Sorry you had trouble.