Respected Contributor

The price of 18 eggs in southeast Massachusetts is 8.39.

Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

2.65 for regular large eggs at our ALDIs and 3.65 for the cage free

4.25 for regular large eggs at Walmart here and about 3.75 for the cage free

I think I'm going to go back to Aldi on a more regular basis 

Trusted Contributor

Cage Free Organic WHITE eggs were $4.69 for 2 dozen at Costco today

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Yes, the 8+% inflation rate hurts...

The true rate is 12.5

Honored Contributor

We went to Costco today. We couldn't believe the prices for eggs. And had a hard time finding the signs with the prices on it. You had to open the door of the refrigerated case and look up to the top of the shelving.

Maybe it is time to get a few chickens. 

Esteemed Contributor

Think about it. $6 for 18 eggs (9 servings) is STILL ridiculously cheap. Eggs are so very health and tasty. Even at $6, I think its the biggest bargain at the grocery store. No complaints from me. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

We went to Costco today. We couldn't believe the prices for eggs. And had a hard time finding the signs with the prices on it. You had to open the door of the refrigerated case and look up to the top of the shelving.

@drizzellla 

that is interesting because @mac116 just gave a great price for 2 dozen eggs at costco today! i guess costco pricing is different depending on where you live?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Price of Eggs

[ Edited ]

Plain old large white eggs are $3.38 a dozen. That is high for this area.  Before the pandemic they were less than $1.

Last week I bought 4 dozen for $1.77 each.  Actually, it wasn't quite a dozen.  The cartons were marked down because only 11 eggs were in the box.

I don't buy free range or a fancy name brand.

The price of butter is off of the charts right now.  I read there will probably be a shortage.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@drizzellla 

that is interesting because @mac116 just gave a great price for 2 dozen eggs at costco today! i guess costco pricing is different depending on where you live?

I did not remember the prices of the eggs at Costco that is why I didn't mention the prices. And yes, I happened to be at a Costco in a different state. I was looking for a certain item that our local Costco's did not carry. Most prices were the same but some items were on "sale" that were not on sale at our Costco. 

I did not look at the other Costco's but I think the eggs are from farms that are local. I know at Sam's all their eggs are from local farms, except maybe Eggland. Not sure where Eggland's are from. Sam's has the name of the farm and where it is located on all their packaging. And I can't help but think Costco would be a similar arrangement.

Respected Contributor

I bought  them @ Trader Joe's a few weeks ago for 3.29.

Today I noticed that they were now 3.79 for one dozen large whites. Not as bad as most of the big chain stores, but certainly higher than ever.