Power XL Grill air fryer combo

This is the value of the day.  They showed a chicken roll stuffed with raisin on the show today.  Where can e find this recipe.  It is not in the recipe book that comes with the machine.  It looked delicious.

Respected Contributor

Re: Power XL Grill air fryer combo

@Bobette wrote:

This is the value of the day.  They showed a chicken roll stuffed with raisin on the show today.  Where can e find this recipe.  It is not in the recipe book that comes with the machine.  It looked delicious.

I wish someone would comment about the product itself.  I'm looking at it, but not sure...

Valued Contributor

I couldn't find any reviews either, but when I saw it was Eric Thiess (sp?) presenting, I did order this. I have a very small one which is great for fries and the side items but I like that this one does a lot of different things, so I decided to take a chance.

cookin

Regular Contributor

I was interested in this product until I read the user manual. No metal "utensils" can be used inside and no deep frying. Yet on the  night of the presentation Eric showed what looked to be a metal round pan with a big cookie on it (I could be mistaken on this) coming out of the appliance. Then he showed frying donuts in a couple of inches of oil. Also there were 15 "pages" of questions. This morning there were 2 and now the product isn't even listed. Maybe it sold out but usually they still have the pic but just say it's sold out or unavailable at the time. I just find the whole thing strange. No confidence in Q any more.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where did this product go?

@suzykee wrote:

I was interested in this product until I read the user manual. No metal "utensils" can be used inside and no deep frying. Yet on the  night of the presentation Eric showed what looked to be a metal round pan with a big cookie on it (I could be mistaken on this) coming out of the appliance. Then he showed frying donuts in a couple of inches of oil. Also there were 15 "pages" of questions. This morning there were 2 and now the product isn't even listed. Maybe it sold out but usually they still have the pic but just say it's sold out or unavailable at the time. I just find the whole thing strange. No confidence in Q any more.

The item sold out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where did this product go?

@suzykee , I heard him say you could shallow fry although the donuts in the presentation did look more like deep frying.  I wonder if there is a line in the inner pot showing mx depth for the oil.  There really should be.  I didn't see the entire presentation, so I didn't notice about the metal pans.  

I do like the idea of the lower heating element, but I just bought the Foodi 5-in-1 grill so not in the market.  I do use non-metal utensils in my Foodi, but would not hesitate to use metal baking containers in it.  

I'm also a member of a kitchen gadget Facebook group.  One of the members mentioned that she had sworn off PowerXL products after having a bad experience with the product and the Customer Service, but several people in the group did buy it either as the TSV or from Kohls using a coupon.  I haven't seen any comments yet about how they are liking it.  So, if you're still interested in it and have a Kohls, you might get one that way.  Get on their mailing list; they're always sending out coupons.  Bed Bath & Beyond might have it too.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because contain personal information.