Occasional Contributor

Power Pressure cooker

[ Edited ]

I just received my Power Pressure cooker.  There were  some recipes cards, and a small booklet. Does anyone know a place where I can get more recipes online?

I ordered Eric Theiss cookbook, but it's not available at this time.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

I've  started using the instant pot and found a number of good recipes here.  

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/porcupine-meatballs-and-orange-gravy/

also, the bob warden's book - great food fast gets rave reviews (amazon).  Also a great facebook group, instant pot community, has lots of recipes.  I would think these recipes could also be used in your electric pressure cooker 😀

Honored Contributor

There are thousands of recipes online which you can access with your search engine.   Frankly,  I think most are better than those in the Q sponsored cookbooks.   Have you checked Pinterest?   Many of your current favorites can be adapted for PC use. 

People here rave about the mac and cheese in Bob Warden's book and I find it to be a gooey,  sticky,  inedible mess.   Good only for kids who don't know better. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Power Pressure Cooker with Eric Theiss

YouTUBE

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe8SA_VYsIG5exfnKnQWWctTD2ufw8Ejx

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Trusted Contributor

@jo2430

Among recipe cards that came with your cooker, do you have a recipe for Chinese 5 Spice Short Ribs?

The poster below was looking for that recipe.  If so, would you post it here please? Thanks.

----- 

kthomp113

New Contributor

Anybody have the recipe for the Chinese 5 spice short ribs that come with the power pressure cooker xl?

Super Contributor

Re: Power Pressure cooker Thai Chicken noodle soup correct recipe please

[ Edited ]

On page 30 some reviews say it is the wrong ingerdients I was wondering anyone have the revised correct recipe please?

I just checcked You tube not on there and I am not a member of Facebook.

Someone said Kielbasa is a wrong ingredient can you share the correct version I have my cookbook I ordered it is still on waitlist,and my Power xl  p/c. Thank's.

Frequent Contributor

3-1/2 lbs. beef short ribs

salt/pepper

2 tbls. Chinese 5 spice powder

2 tbl.sesame oil

2tbl. olive oil

3/4 cup cherry wine

1-1/2 cups beef stock

1/2 cup orange mamalade

1 clove garlic

3/4 cup hoisin sauce

1 tbl. fresh ginger, minced

2 scallions, chopped

1 tbl. toasted sesame seeds

1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

==================

1. season ribs w/salt & pepper

2.  pour both oils into the inner pot & press the    CHICKEN/Meat button. Place ribs into the inner pot until nicely browned. Set ribs aside.

3. Degrease inner pot & add sherry to deglaze pot.

4. Add stock, marmalade, garlic, giner & hoisin - mix well.

5. Add ribs back into pot. Place lid on the pressure cooker, lock the lid  & switch pressure valve to CLOSED.

6. Press the WARM/Cancel button.

7. Press the SOUP/STEW button & the press the TIME ADJUSTMENT  button until you reach 40 minutes.

8. Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will automatically switch to KEEP WARM.  Switch the pressure release valve to OPEN. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.

9. Plate & garnish with scallions,sesame seeds & cilantro.

Honored Contributor

@ImABoor that recipe sounds delicious.  Thank you so much for sharing it!

Occasional Contributor

Also on Amazon and a simple pressure cooker cookbook that I run to regularly is  "The ultimate pressure cooker book" by Debra Murray

New Contributor
http://missvickie.com/ It's a great site for all skill levels of Pressure Cooking. Once you know the basic cook times for meats, veggies and amount of liquid needed, adapting your own recipes is fairly easy. I'm still getting used to using my cooker. I got the Cooks Essential 6 qt in November 2015.