I’m retired from Kroger and work in the bakery. We use a non dairy whipped topping. We don’t make anything from scratch. Some of the Kroger stores will sell it to you...some won’t. Hope this helped. 

Respected Contributor

Taken from the Hershey's site.. 

Whipped Chocolate Frosting

• 2 packages HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar (4 oz. each) , broken into pieces
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) , softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
  • 1. Place chocolate and whipping in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
  • 2. Beat butter in large bowl; gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until thoroughly blended and creamy. Gradually add chocolate mixture, beating until stiff; use immediately. Cover; keep refrigerated. About 3-1/2 cups frosting.
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella..............Thanks so much.  I cant wait to get the ingredients and try it out.  That stuff is so good it should be against the law. lol

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Luvtuna your two ingredient recipe sounds delicious. When I was a kid, my mom would beat egg whites (from our own chickens) until stiff and fold in fresh raspberries (from our own bushes). That was our favorite frosting. Nowadays I'd never do that for fear of food poisoning.