Super Contributor

Pork tenderlion from Sam's club

A friend told me this bacon wrapped tenderlion was wonderful. I planned on making it for a dinner party but made it tonight for us.  So spicy with too much pepper. Now I need to find a good pork tenderlion recipe. Anyone have one ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Pork tenderlion from Sam's club

Can you rinse off the spice?

@Beansey wrote:

A friend told me this bacon wrapped tenderlion was wonderful. I planned on making it for a dinner party but made it tonight for us.  So spicy with too much pepper. Now I need to find a good pork tenderlion recipe. Anyone have one ?

Honored Contributor

I have had a fantastic response from this Herb Rub from the 1970 Better Crocker Cookbook.

Herb Rub For Pork

1 Cut clove garlic ( I use 1 tsp. garlic)

1 tsp sage

1 tsp marjoram

1 tsp salt

Mix rub over meat.

I do this by Tbsp. on a pork loin roast.  Delicious!

Super Contributor

@softwareYes, I did rinse off the garlicky pepper along with the bacon covered in pepper. Now I am looking at recipes to use the pork. This is a big tenderlion so lots left. 

@IamMrsG Thanks. I like the autumn stew and may use this idea for the left overs. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beansey wrote:

@softwareYes, I did rinse off the garlicky pepper along with the bacon covered in pepper. Now I am looking at recipes to use the pork. This is a big tenderlion so lots left. 

@IamMrsG Thanks. I like the autumn stew and may use this idea for the left overs. 

@Beansey. Are you sure it is a tenderloin and not a pork loin?  There is a difference, tenderloins are smaller.

Edited To Add this explanation:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Anyone-who-uses-my-Pork-Tenderloin-recipes/m-p/1930935/highligh...

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only bacon wrapped pork I see on the Sam's site is a peppered crusted bacon wrapped pork loin. Even if you use a different recipe it will still have too much pepper since it's already pepper crusted.

Here's a pork loin recipe we like. We have made it in the oven & on the grill. Both ways turned out good.

1 cup peach preserves
2 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 pounds
Salt and pepper, to taste

I always rub down the roast with olive oil

In a medium saucepan, combine the peach preserves, honey, and lemon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350°. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil.

Sprinkle the pork roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast, fat side up, in the prepared pan. Roast for 1 hour.

Brush the roast all over with the peach glaze mixture. Continue roasting for about 30 to 40 minutes, brushing with glaze frequently. A meat thermometer should read 160° when inserted in the center of the roast.
Take it out of the oven before temp reaches 160° to rest.
Serves 6 to 8.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. It was a pork lion.( just looked again at the wrapping). I did cook it according to the directions so it was fine. I have always bought the small tenderloins usually two in a pkg. but haven't made one in awhile   So that's why I have so much left.  Not sure if I want to make another one for company now. I do appreciate the recipes. I just can't get over that my friend enthusiastically recommended this pork lion to me. Guess everyone's taste is different. 

Honored Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

Yes. It was a pork lion.( just looked again at the wrapping). I did cook it according to the directions so it was fine. I have always bought the small tenderloins usually two in a pkg. but haven't made one in awhile   So that's why I have so much left.  Not sure if I want to make another one for company now. I do appreciate the recipes. I just can't get over that my friend enthusiastically recommended this pork lion to me. Guess everyone's taste is different. 

@Beansey I never buy those meats that are pre-seasoned because I figure I either won't like it or there would be too much seasoning which seems to be the case of this pork loin. Was the bacon peppered bacon or just seasoned with too much pepper?

I'm making one of the peach pork loins for dinner tomorrow.

Enjoy what ever you decide to make for your company.

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz. Yes. I agree. I never would have bought this without a recommendation. The bacon was coated in peppercorns.  Re thinking what I will make.  Maybe a beef pot roast or lasagna. Just not sure if I  want anymore pork 😀