Honored Contributor

Re: Pork tenderlion from Sam's club

Now that you already have this pork loin and don’t care for it, you can always put BBQ sauce on it and put it in a crock pot and make pulled pork for sandwiches.  You will be able to freeze it in small portions for use later.

The sauce will disguise the peppercorn and garlic flavor.

Super Contributor

@Carmie  good and easy idea. Thanks so much 

Honored Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

@Nightowlz. Yes. I agree. I never would have bought this without a recommendation. The bacon was coated in peppercorns.  Re thinking what I will make.  Maybe a beef pot roast or lasagna. Just not sure if I  want anymore pork 😀 

@Beansey Pot roast sounds yummy this time of year. I think everyone would like it. Lasagna sounds like a lot of work. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

A friend told me this bacon wrapped tenderlion was wonderful. I planned on making it for a dinner party but made it tonight for us.  So spicy with too much pepper. Now I need to find a good pork tenderlion recipe. Anyone have one ?

I just had my own bad experience with a pork tenderloin.  There is a recipe I found that calls for marinating the tenderloin and for optimum tenderness for 3 days  (and yes it was in 2 pieces)  

The marinade was supposed to be like teriyaki which I love.  Many reviews about how much people loved it - but most saying the first time they followed the recipe to the tee it was way too salty bc it contained soy.  Many said that they loved the taste but fixed that by switching to lower sodium type, others said to do that and decrease the soy amount by half.  It was definitely tender but using both the suggestions the meat was still too salty for me.  

Honored Contributor

I roast  two pork loins tied together with an herb rub from Betty Crocker. Roast at 325! YUM!