Respected Contributor

Pork Cutlets with Orange Gremolata

I posted this years ago, but, @sueinsf, with your new Blood Orange olive oil, I thought you may want to see this.

Pork Cutlets with Orange Gremolata 
Cooking Light | March 2014; pg. 128

Make sure to grate the rind before juicing the orange.  You can sub chicken or a firm, white fish for the pork.   For a quick side: combine 1½ cups cooked orzo with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 sliced green onions, and 2 ounces dried cranberries.

Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 3 ounces pork and 2 Tablespoons sauce)
Hands-on:19 Minutes Total:19 Minutes

2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 12 thin slices
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2/3 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
1/3 cup water
2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle pork with ½ teaspoon salt; dredge pork in flour. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 6 pork slices to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Place cooked pork on a platter; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining 6 pork slices.

Add orange juice, 1/3 cup water, marmalade, and vinegar to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to ½ cup. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.

Place parsley, orange rind, and garlic in a small bowl; stir with a fork to combine. Spoon orange juice mixture over pork; sprinkle evenly with orange rind mixture.

Mrs. G's Notes:  Served with roasted asparagus and Pinot Grigio.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pork Cutlets with Orange Gremolata

Shhhh, don't tell the chop in the freezer what is coming.

Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @IamMrsG.  I usually have lemons in the house and not oranges -- wonder if I could sub that and maybe honey for the marmalade??  When I get the Gremolata oil that will have lemon, parsley and garlic, so might pair well too.  I should probably try this as is before making changes though...lol

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf  I've wondered myself about substituting lemon for the orange juice.  I think the way to go would be with Meyer Lemons, which as a cross between lemon and mandarin orange, are sweeter.  Or, if I used regular lemons, I'd probably stick with the orange marmalade.  

If you try the switch, I'd be interested in your opinion. 

Super Contributor

NOT FAIR!  Lol.  You have my mouth watering as I sit here eating a left over hamburger. Sounds Delish!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @IamMrsG 

This def sounds like a winner to me!

@sueinsf 

I have and use Blood orange olive oil ALL the time!  It is one of my favs to make salad dressing as well as the Meyer Lemon Olive oil!

Let us know where you are using it!

Respected Contributor

I made this for dinner last night with brown rice and broccoli.  The family loved it @IamMrsG thanks for the recipe.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ninjawife   This is good news to me!   Thank you for coming back to let me know your success.   I understand the risk of time and money, so thank you, too, for trusting my recommendation of the recipe.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

Thanks @IamMrsG 

This def sounds like a winner to me!

@sueinsf 

I have and use Blood orange olive oil ALL the time!  It is one of my favs to make salad dressing as well as the Meyer Lemon Olive oil!

Let us know where you are using it!

@RespectLife Just got my delivery today, so I'll have to think about how I want to use it.  I also just got a few spice blends I want to try or use along with one of the oils in a marinade.  But I also got a free box from Factor, so probably not going to be cooking as much this week (then again, I make fairly simple dishes for myself).  I definitely want to try the Blood Orange oil in salad -- possibly with the Lemon balsamic.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi @IamMrsG !  Just wanted to say thanks so much for this recipe as it was just delicious!  I made mushroom orzo with it and steamed asparagus.  I was a clean plater . . . 😍

Good to see you my friend and thanks again . . . 💓