Respected Contributor

is an appetizer at a restaurant I used to frequent, but sadly they closed down- Basically a cube of tender, yet crispy pork belly in a sweet, sticky glaze served on a  cocktail pick..I got the precooked Trader Joes Pork Belly, any one have any ideas for a glaze and prep for these tasty morsels???

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pork Belly "Lollipops"

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker I Googled and there are recipes for "pork belly lollipops".  I'd copy/paste links but I'm not fully versed on all the forum rules.  Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

Thanks!!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh @Mothertrucker you bought my most favorite thing at TJ's as I love their pork belly.  I hope you enjoy whatever glaze you slather on your pork-pops!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

is an appetizer at a restaurant I used to frequent, but sadly they closed down- Basically a cube of tender, yet crispy pork belly in a sweet, sticky glaze served on a  cocktail pick..I got the precooked Trader Joes Pork Belly, any one have any ideas for a glaze and prep for these tasty morsels???

@Mothertrucker

This sounds wonderful.  Please share when you figure it out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker

I am not familiar with the product you purchased as Trader Joes is quite a distance for us to shop.  Jeff Mauro made a dish he called pork belly burnt ends-I wonder if you could make your dish as he did and just serve them on a skewer?  Here is a link to his recipe so you can read thru it to see if you think it would work.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-mauro/honey-glazed-pork-belly-burnt-ends-5299593

Valued Contributor

Re: Pork Belly "Lollipops"

[ Edited ]

Pork belly? NO THANKS!

Respected Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

Pork belly? NO THANKS!

LOL! its bacon....

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

Pork belly? NO THANKS!

LOL! its bacon....

Oh @Mothertrucker it's not just bacon my friend, it is the Crown Jewel of bacon especially the one from Aldi . . . yum!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

Pork belly? NO THANKS!

LOL! its bacon....

Oh @Mothertrucker it's not just bacon my friend, it is the Crown Jewel of bacon especially the one from Aldi . . . yum!

You are SOOOO right!