Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Still Eat Bacon?

No.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I love what I eat.  Unfortunately, that is a misconception that a plant based diet is not palatable, the options are endless. I've had people over that are carnivores and never miss their meat and really enjoy the meal.  Lots of fabulous recipes....check out you tube.  Last night made three bean chili served over baked potatoes with an optional vegan sour cream and/or chopped avocados on top....wish I could have shared with you!  Healthy is very tasty!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@RinaRina   Yes I eat it, heavens no, it's not healthy. My Mother and all 9 of her siblings plus my Dad had cancer. Even if I ate nothing but birdseed and hay my future isn't promising. Just my opinion.

I do not in any way think good, well raised lean meat is not healthy.  I believe it is an important part of the diet for many humans and especially for many animals.  

I have no problem whatsoever with people who choose to eat a vegan diet, but I DO have a problem with them constantly slamming a diet that includes meat and can certainly be a healthy lifestyle.  Or an unhealthy one should an individual not care about that.

Meat, no meat, medicines, riding a bicycle, drinking 8 glasses of water, all up to the individual and simply lifestyle choices. 

Honored Contributor

Still? I’ve never stopped. I eat it every chance I get.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Love how posters are automatically equating

No bacon = Vegan

None of us are saying that.

Even If one is meaty of all meat eaters, bacon &

other processsed meats should not be consumed due

to the risk cancer risk.  It’s just like one trying to justify

smoking is healthy because someone’s great grandma did it.

Nope...never has been; never will be. I would never encourage

young children/adults that smoking is healthy because of an 

elderly outcome. Doesn’t make sense. Bacon = Smoking. 

Honored Contributor

No...no ham, pork, or beef anymore.  Not after seeing how corporate agriculture is so cruel, I could no longer participate by eating this meat.  I'm also an animal lover and working on not eating any meat at all. It's been difficult.  To me, vegan meat tastes like cardboard.

Respected Contributor

NO!

Honored Contributor

I do - several times a week.  Love crispy bacon!  

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3   Thank you  Yes, change takes time and when people feel threatened with their established habits it can be daunting.  The money behind the diary/meat industries is huge, but in spite of it change is happening.  (Look at the Physicians for Responsible Medicine who have been able to change the food pyramid and food options available in hospitals and so much more).  No one in this forum is belittling anyone else, I'm not.  I truly understand why people cling to their traditions but unfortunately there is no well raised animal that will contribute to your health just like there is no humane slaughter.  There is so much factual information available...change will happen, it just takes time.   I don't support but I won't judge or condemn anyone for their beliefs. Thank you for your kind words.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't consider bacon "food".

Its very flavorsome, but very high in fat and sodium. 

I think of it and use it sparingly, as I would a condiment.

I'll sprinkle a bit of crumbled bacon to add texture and flavor the same way I'd occasionally use pickle relish, steak sauce, or horseradish.

But no, I'd never just eat bacon, anymore than I'd drink out of the ketchup bottle and consider that a serving of tomatoes.

Respected Contributor

this thread has me wanting to go fry up a pan of bacon and dig in!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~