Honored Contributor

Re: Please share your tried and true pumpkin cake/muffin recipe.

I always made my own until I discovered this mix.  IMO it's as good as home made.  If you wish, you can dress it up by adding nuts, raisins (I soak them in rum first) and/or a streusel topping or glaze.

tjoes

Honored Contributor

Thanks for that info, Noel!  Nothing wrong with a mix.  Some mixes really are superior and I will look for this one if I find myself at the TJ's.  Smiley Happy

I forgot to mention, with the pumpkin cake recipe that i posted - 

I like to serve it with some nice vanilla bean ice cream.  I'm not really a vanilla girl, so I don't much care for regular vanilla and really dislike French vanilla, but vanilla bean is just delightful and perfect to go with a nice cake.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt Thx for sharing the recipe. We don't have a Trader Joe's so I cannot try that box mix Noel posted.

We received some goodies from Trader Joe's for Christmas last year that were pretty good.

Honored Contributor

Argh!  I just noticed a misspelling in that recipe.  Will fix it, in case anybody wants to c&p it to a doc and/or print it.

If you try it, hope you enjoy.  It really is a very nice cake and very special with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.  Smiley Happy