Frequent Contributor

Please I need help on your best peach recipes and cobbler or pie crust!?

MY fiance brought home a half bushes if not more of fresh Georgia peaches. He is a store manager and they have a gentleman that drives up from Georgia every year. They are delicious but I'm a bit frazzled on what to do with them?? I do not do any canning. Would appreciate any help ladies. Thank you so much!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please I need help on your best peach recipes and cobbler or pie crust!?

You can peel them and then freeze em.  Your local grocery store should carry a product called Fruit Fresh, just follow their directions.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

We go through 4-5 cases of peaches through the summer. I eat a lot of them. We cut a lot of them up put on cookie sheets to freeze & store in ziplock bags. I just had a peach smoothie. I use almond milk, banana, peaches, peaches & cream yogurt & some vanilla. Also made some peach freezer jam last year. Only have a couple of jars left. You don't have to mess with the canning this way but have to store the jam in the freezer for up to a yr. I think it stores for a week or so in the refrigerator. I mix a jar with the juice of a lemon, 2 tablespoons of honey, heat to boiling reduce heat & simmer for 2 mins. I put this on a pork loin roast before if gets finished cooking. Have made it in the oven & on the grill.

Honored Contributor

Super simple recipe here... 

FREEZER PEACH PRESERVES                                                    

3 C. crushed peaches or nectarines (or finely chopped)

2 C. sugar

1 sm. Pkg. apricot jello

Boil the mixture for 15 mins.; stirring to prevent sticking and burning.  Divide into sterilized freezer containers, leaving a minimum of ½ inch “head room”.  Freeze.