Trusted Contributor

@TeezNu

Hi! Thank you for the recipe. Just a quick question, did you mean 32oz of broth or stock - I'm stumped with the 32oz low sodium 'soup'. I will be making this often. 

wrote:

Easy and customizable to your tastes:

Mix and heat:  32-oz carton of low-sodium soup + 16-oz pkg of frozen veggies + can of rinsed and drained beans,  Leftovers freeze well in individual portions.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I am interested in eating healthier and plant based diets are talked about a lot lately.Does anyone have any great recipes to start out with?

I have the high fiber Trader Joe's cereal every morning with almond milk, blueberries (a power food), a strawberry and a few slices of banana.

Sometimes I fix a salad with toppings like artichoke hearts, etc for lunch, but mostly I have a veg sandwich.  Thin mashed slices of avocado, hummus on the other piece of bread, grated carrot, arugula leaves, tomato, whatever else I can find.

I get a lot of fiber in my diet.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 Thanks for your meal suggestions.They sound like a great wat for me to get started and I love cereal with blueberries.You inspired me to get going...thanks so very much.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Noel7 Thanks for your meal suggestions.They sound like a great wat for me to get started and I love cereal with blueberries.You inspired me to get going...thanks so very much.

You're welcome @dex 

I figured you would get a lot of dinner recipes, I'd suggest breakfast and lunch.  I don't get very creative for lunch, I'm happy with a peanut butter sandwich Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 Have you ever made chia pudding.1 c almond milk,1tsp. Vanilla, one third cup of chia seeds...can add a liquid sweetener such as honey maple syrup or stevia.Mix it up put in fridge and stir again about twenty minutes later..I make this at night and then have for breakfast with sliced almonds,berries and sometimes a little crushed cereal on top.We have been making this for a long time and most people seem to like it.I always put out bowls of topping choices for company.It is really good with fresh peaches.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Noel7 Have you ever made chia pudding.1 c almond milk,1tsp. Vanilla, one third cup of chia seeds...can add a liquid sweetener such as honey maple syrup or stevia.Mix it up put in fridge and stir again about twenty minutes later..I make this at night and then have for breakfast with sliced almonds,berries and sometimes a little crushed cereal on top.We have been making this for a long time and most people seem to like it.I always put out bowls of topping choices for company.It is really good with fresh peaches.

I haven't made it @dex  I've heard of it but I didn't know how. 

I put chia seeds and flax seeds on my cereal every day, very good for us.  I've also been providing almonds for DH and I both.  I started years ago when I read about Edgar Cayce recommending them.  I figured almonds couldn't hurt and now we know how beneficial they are.  Sometimes I get the smoked almonds if I see them at Trader Joe's, DH likes them flavored.

I will try the pudding!

Honored Contributor

Re: Plant based recipes

[ Edited ]

ps @dex

Speaking of chia seeds, I read years ago that some people in other countries add water to them and carry them on journeys because chia seeds absorb 30 times their own weight in water.  A good way to refresh.  I was thinking that must be how the seeds turn almond milk into a pudding. 

I've been using the vanilla flavored almond milk lately, it has a nice light flavor.

Super Contributor

@LoveMyBabywrote:

@TeezNu

Hi! Thank you for the recipe. Just a quick question, did you mean 32oz of broth or stock - I'm stumped with the 32oz low sodium 'soup'. I will be making this often. 

wrote:

Easy and customizable to your tastes:

Mix and heat:  32-oz carton of low-sodium soup + 16-oz pkg of frozen veggies + can of rinsed and drained beans,  Leftovers freeze well in individual portions.

@LoveMyBaby  Hi Laurie, I’m so sorry to be so late in replying - am just now seeing your question.  No, not broth or stock.  Google “Pacific Foods soup” or “Imagine Foods soup” to see examples of flavors.  Hope this helps!

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Esteemed Contributor

My lunch almost every day is boiled potatoes (10-12 ounces), a steamed veggie (usually cauliflower, asparagus, or zucchini), pico de gallo, and avocado, with a bit a freshly ground pepper, the flavors are great together.  I put it all into a bowl and mix it up a bit.  It has become one of my favorite meals, and is very filling.  

Esteemed Contributor

Another favorite.  I don't use oil, just use a little water to saute the veggies, if necessary.  I also use the low fat coconut milk.  I use regular curry powder, whatever I have on hand. 

Tofu Vindaloo