Honored Contributor

I am interested in eating healthier and plant based diets are talked about a lot lately.Does anyone have any great recipes to start out with?

Honored Contributor

Have 2 books coming from Amazon. Check them out, there is a selection.

Honored Contributor

@dex

If you Google,

‘Dr. McDougall Free Program’ there’s a mountain of suggestions.   This particular list will give you a 10-day menus, shopping lists, etc.  

‘Kaiser Plant Based’ there’s a free booklet giving lots of menu suggestions & substitutes.

I could list a zillion resources, but McDougall has SO much free info. (written. YouTube, Forums, etc).  I would suggest reading & educating why the PB lifestyle is superior...and that will be a foundational knowledge for when you plan your meals.  

Grab a starch 

Grab a bean

Grab non-starchy vegetables

Grab a fruit

Boom....meal.  

Remember...no meat, dairy, eggs, oil. 

So easy. 

Honored Contributor

@dex This post is similar in that it's about being healthier without chemicals and like you I'm all about living a better life.

Anyway, I have been taking an actual 'food based' pill (you must have a prescription for it) for Fibromyalgia.  It doesn't have chemicals and (I believe) is the way of the future of medicine.....less chemicals going into the body.

It's called Limbrel .... see here http://www.limbrel.com/

It doesn't have the chemicals Lyrica (which is what has always been prescribed for Fibromyalgia) in it and none of the problems associated with Lyrica.

For unknown reasons (no one can find out), the FDA made the company withdraw the Limbrel from the market.

Everyone (Drs, patients, everyone) is up in arms (I sent emails to my Senators and Congressmen asking it be reinstated).  So far (according to their release) we are waiting to see what happens.

The reason I'm on your website is because I'd buy the book you are asking for.  More and more I think people are realizing chemicals are not ALWAYS the best thing in treating problems with the body.

Finally, thank you for posting this.  Hopefully, more and more recipes will be written like you requested.

Have a great Monday!  Annabelle.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom

Wow, just took a peek at his recipes, so easy and they sound delicious 😋 Thank you, it's so hard to convince the DH one can live without meat, lunchmeat, etc. I could soooo eat like this, love the variety. He's not big on most vegetables. He'll eat broccoli and salads, but not as MAIN entrees, and not everyday like the lifestyle requires. I easily could. We grill meat all winter long too. Thanks again for the info.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Can't imagine not having vegetables every day! Yum!! 🥕🍉🥑🍎🌶

Super Contributor

I recommend  "Thug Kitchen" a cook book ---warning the F word flies but good tips...also the sites "Oh She Glows" and "One Green Palnet". I am a major plant eater and found them helpful. I also have gotten a recipe or two off a bag of lentils and of chickpeas. Welcome to Plant eating !!!!!!

Super Contributor

Easy and customizable to your tastes:

Mix and heat:  32-oz carton of low-sodium soup + 16-oz pkg of frozen veggies + can of rinsed and drained beans,  Leftovers freeze well in individual portions.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@sidsmom

Wow, just took a peek at his recipes, so easy and they sound delicious 😋 Thank you, it's so hard to convince the DH one can live without meat, lunchmeat, etc. I could soooo eat like this, love the variety. He's not big on most vegetables. He'll eat broccoli and salads, but not as MAIN entrees, and not everyday like the lifestyle requires. I easily could. We grill meat all winter long too. Thanks again for the info.

@LoveMyBaby

The broccoli & salad wouldn’t be satiating enough for anyone unless you add a starch like a couple potatoes (baked/steamed/mashed), rice, corn, sweet potatoes, squash, etc.  

If he likes mashed potatoes & gravy, make it free of any added oils & just eat as much as he wants.  A couple of potatoes & a cup of fat-free gravy...I challenge anyone to admit they are still hungry enough for a piece of meat.  

If you like to grill, how about some bean burgers...or carrot dogs?  Again, eat 2-3 of those w/ all the relish & fixings.....and it’ll be ‘what meat?’ Ha

If you could eat like this, just make the dishes (or have him help you)...I guarantee he will like.  Just be a good example...and he will follow your lead.  

There are several existing threads about the Plant Based lifestyle in the Wellness Forum.  Lots of inspiration! 

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom

I'll be heading over there to catch up! Thank you again. This is a no-brainer for me like I said, him, I'll have to work on. 😉 

⚓️