Honored Contributor

My niece told me to try this and it was so good! For the crust use the flatbread they sell at Aldis. Add the sauce and toppings you like - we made white pizzas with broccoli and cauliflower and diced ham and lots of  skim mozzarella. Anyway turn on the burner on half the grill on low but place the pizza on the other half- let it warm through - ours took about 10 min to cook the veggies.The crust was browned but not burned and it was delicious. To make a white pizza - warm some olive oil and slowly sweat out some chopped garlic in it. Then brush the pizza crust with the oil - be liberal, top with grated parnmesan and mozzarella.

Honored Contributor

The grill is also a great way to reheat your take-out pizza.  Keeps the crust nice and crispy.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to try pizza on the grill - this sounds really good.  And Ms.151949 I just love that you too shop at Aldi's and discover great finds there.  I love my Aldi's too!

Super Contributor

We do this frequently.  I have also used a pizza sone and fresh dough that is stickier then normal.  The dough from pizza shops is the best or I recently tried a frozen one from Walmart which worked well.  Love cooking like this.