Respected Contributor

Re: Pizza Hut's "Detroit Style Pizza"??

Thanks, all!  I'd heard of Buddy's, but never went to one.  Guess pizza was reserved for delivery, if we went to an Italian restaurant, it was full service for meals other than pizza.

I stand corrected.  Woman Wink

Denise
Trusted Contributor

@denisemb 

From America's Test Kitchen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijHutbC2JnE

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

@walker wrote:

@denisemb ..and @wingnut .....I am from suburbs north of Detroit also.  Marriage and moving took me away...☹️...but I return whenever possible.  Now I am hungry for a good Buddy's Detroit Pizza!!  YUM!  I saw somewhere that they are starting to ship pizzas.  Might have to try that someday.  I remember visiting Buddy's as a kid.  No thanks to Pizza Hut's Detroit Pizza....why would they call it that?  Better go back and check recipe. 

Thanks for the memories.....

And the best salad dressing ever.  Be sure to have a coney next time you're home!

Respected Contributor

Have lived in Birmingham and Ann Arbor MI.  I think the square Jet's is an example of Detroit style. 

Valued Contributor

I'm obviously in the minority, but I actually liked Pizza Huts Detroit style pizza.

Esteemed Contributor

I had never heard of the Detroit style pizza until I watched the episode on ATK where they made it.  It's not my style of pizza nor am I a fan of Pizza Hut so this is a hard pass for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@Glitter51  I had one last week and liked it too.  I'm not a Pizza Hut fan at all but the Detroit Style pizza was very good and I'd get it again.