Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

ChiliPepper...Hi sweetie.  LOL I am so hesitant to post ANYTHING right now...but for YOU I will Heart This really is good and when I orginally posted it I had positive feedback from those who tried it.

Down-Under Cantaloupe Bread

3 eggs

1 cup oil

2 cups sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 cantaloupe...Or what will= 2 cups puree

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1 cup nuts

Beat eggs. Add oil, sugar and vanilla. Peel cantaloupe. Cut cantaloupe into chunks and put into blender. You need 2 cups of the puree. Add the 2 cups puree to the egg mixture. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 325* for 1 hour.

LilBitMissty,

Wow!  I can't wait to try this recipe.  I bet it is nice and moist.  Thanks for sharing it, especially for newbies like me who are just discovering your Treasure Trove  10.gif of great recipes.

Valued Contributor

Does this pistachio bread use the cake mixes found in the stores now, or the larger 18.5 oz mix you have to make ajustments for?  It sounds good.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pistachio Bread

[ Edited ]

LilBitMisty, I have made , enjoyed and repeated so many of your recipes. I know the pistachio bread will be no different.Thank you for helping me become a better and more interesting cook.

Respected Contributor

Toria08, This is part of a post from LilBitMissty that gives a recipe to adjust the smaller cake mixes.

.  They now make the cake mixes in 15.25 ounce boxes.Therefore alot of my recipes that use cake mixes are outdated because of the ounce difference. BUT....HERE IS A SOLUTION!

I make the following  for the ounce adjustment.

Once I make it, I put it in a clear glass jar with a tight fitting lid.

MIX THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS TOGETHER  AND STORE IN A AIR TIGHT JAR*****************************

CAKE MIX INCREASER RECIPE:

1  1/2 cups ALL PURPOSE flour

1 cup sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

If you are using a recipe that calls for a 18.25 ounce cake mix, and all you can find is a 15.25 ounce box cake mix, Just add 3 ounces

(6 T ABLESPOONS)  of the above recipe for CAKE MIX INCREASER to a 15.25 ounce box of cake mix.

I have done this for many recipes and it turns out just fine.

**********ONE MORE NOTE*************

My memory isn't like it used to be, so i wrote the CAKE MIX INCREASER recipe on a index card and taped it on the jar so I could make more when the jar is empty, instead of having my kitchen look like a tornado struck it as i look for the increaser recipe . (LOL saves me ALOT of  

Valued Contributor

Thanks.  I guess we need to make this adjustment with this recipe.  It does not say what size cake mix to use.

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty 

Sorry about bumping up this older post but I haven’t mastered the copy & paste yet on this new-to-me tablet.

I have made this recipe several times as posted & it was easy & delicious.

I didn’t have a yellow cake mix or pistachio pudding so this morning I tried it with a vanilla cake mix & pumpkin spice pudding.

OMG, it smells so wonderful! Yummy!

Thank you again LilBitMissty for posting all of your wonderful recipes!

Honored Contributor

FF82CA8B-B440-4EA1-9A30-996450D207C5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

24734B62-87A0-4443-972E-22069A4946C3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper 

Thanks for bringing if forward. I don't have this recipe so I copied it.

Did you have to make any adjustments since the cake mixes are smaller now?

The vanilla pumpkin also sounds good.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I did not, it was too much thinking to do this morning LOL!

I used a 15.25 oz. cake mix & a 3.4 oz. (small box) of pudding.

It was delicious. I need to give the second loaf away or freeze it so I don’t eat it all! 🐖🐖🐖