Super Contributor

Pioneer Woman Rustic Bolognese Sauce

I just tried The Pioneer Woman brand Rustic Bolognese Pasta Sauce, 24 oz jar, which got my attention while working up my Kroger online grocery order.  The first taste right out of the jar was surprisingly good.  Unfortunately, I added Italian herb blend seasoning which kind of ruined the nice balance.  Next time, I'll resist "improvements".

But that glass jar it comes in is a keeper!  It's marked on all sides with easy to read cups-to-ounces measurements and the hefty reuseable lid is done in a cute turquoise and white gingham design.  I was able to soak the labels off fairly quickly and then just used a scrubby to remove the residue.  Super cute and handy!

Pioneer Woman measuring jar.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Rustic Bolognese Sauce

@zanna super cute!  I may have to buy this just for the jar!

Super Contributor

@Knit-Chick   I know!  It would be great for giving tea mix, etc., over the holidays!

Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

Love this sauce! but unfortunately none of the grocery stores in my area stock it anymore.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zanna 

@catmama 

Bertolli rustic chunky tomato-based pasta sauces come in the same square-shaped jars with measurements on the sides.

I've saved a couple of them.  Of course, they don't include the Pioneer Woman's decorative lids, but it's the same type of jar.

Bertolli Rustic Cut Marinara Pasta Sauce

Super Contributor

@novamc1   Thank you!

Super Contributor

@Knit-Chick @sann @catmama @novamc1 

Good News! 

I found her pasta sauces available at Walmart and on Walmart.com for $2.98 ea!  That's a great deal.  I think I paid about twice that at my local Kroger.  I just ordered 3 ea of the Rustic Bolognese, Four Cheese, Marinara and Garden Vegetable pasta sauces.  Total was $35.76, which got me free shipping.  Expected delivery to my home in Dallas, TX, on Dec 14.  

It's also available for pickup if your local Walmart has it in stock.  My closest Walmart is pretty small and did not have all the items in stock and I am not willing to drive 10+ miles to one of the 3 other Walmarts in my area that have all of the items when I can get free delivery.  Hope the 12 jars arrive unbroken - there were some online reviews that faulted FedEx with broken jars.  A majority of the reviews were otherwise positive.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for this info.  Don't have a Walmarts near me - closest one is 20 miles away, so I will check their website.

Trusted Contributor

@zanna wrote:

@Knit-Chick @sann @catmama @novamc1 

Good News! 

I found her pasta sauces available at Walmart and on Walmart.com for $2.98 ea!  That's a great deal.  I think I paid about twice that at my local Kroger.  I just ordered 3 ea of the Rustic Bolognese, Four Cheese, Marinara and Garden Vegetable pasta sauces.  Total was $35.76, which got me free shipping.  Expected delivery to my home in Dallas, TX, on Dec 14.  

It's also available for pickup if your local Walmart has it in stock.  My closest Walmart is pretty small and did not have all the items in stock and I am not willing to drive 10+ miles to one of the 3 other Walmarts in my area that have all of the items when I can get free delivery.  Hope the 12 jars arrive unbroken - there were some online reviews that faulted FedEx with broken jars.  A majority of the reviews were otherwise positive.

Rats - I tried to find this on my Walmart site - Mid-Atlantic region - and no luck.  I have not seen this on the shelf either but I will look when I go out. 

I like her recipes so I am willing to try this item.