Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Pioneer Woman Launching New Cookbook on ITKWD Today!

Hey Foodies! I’m so excited to share that my dear friend The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond is BACK at QVC for the first time since 2017 launching her NEW cookbook- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier!🎉🎉🎉https://qvc.co/thepioneerwomanFBDV

I hope you’ll join us during #ITKWD today, 10/6 at 12pm ET for tons of fun, food & laughs! Tap the link above to order Ree’s cookbook before they’re gone!

I have several of PW recipes on my "tried and true" list. Looking forward to it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Launching New Cookbook on ITKWD Today!

[ Edited ]

I don't watch ITKWD anymore but will watch that presentation tonight to see what she's wearing...love her blouses. I can't remember the last time I bought a cookbook, there's endless recipes online. Anyway for those who are looking forward to the show & the PW cookbook, enjoy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just don’t connect with buying cookbooks, when recipes are so easy to find online. 

I own quite a collection of cookbooks; inherited from relatives, and bought from local groups.   My absolute favorites are from the women’s groups from local churches; several from the 1950’s.   One of my oldest cookbooks has a recipe submitted by my great grandmother, who died before 1940.  

I do cook for my family every day, but the interest in buying cookbooks for any reason, is long gone for me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-momI enjoyed watching Ree and David, plus the food looked delicious.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hayseed0 wrote:

@PA Mom-momI enjoyed watching Ree and David, plus the food looked delicious.

@hayseed0  Oh. My. Goodness! That food looked wonderful! Those little desserts! I really enjoyed the presentation too. I would guess they might have another one before the show is over.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a lot of cookbooks and buy them frequently.  If it is a really good one, I want to be able to compare and flip back and forth and turn pages not search for unknown recipes.

I'm not a big fan of her food, but I like to watch her on Saturday mornings if I'm ever home.  

Kindle cookbooks are ok if it is something I might want to use a few recipes from, but if I like the cook and their food, I'll buy the book:  Bittman, Ina Garten, Sean Brock, Giada, Dorie Greenspan, and others.  And restaurant cookbooks or some of the wonderful reagional books and local organizations (some of which are exceptional).

I hit the library sales and try to discard, although it's DIFFICULT!  Oh and Williams-Sonoma's books, especially the older ones, are real treasures.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have all of Ree's cookbooks.  I have had this new one pre-ordered on Amazon for a couple of months.  I record ITKWD every Sunday since Im not home to watch on regular TV.

Dear God
Grant me the wisdom to know when to keep my mouth shut.
Thank You Amen
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would rather wait and get it on Amazon then I get free shipping.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I ordered this cookbook. I get recipes on line also, but I love to look at cookbooks. I read them like novels. One of my favorite things to do in the winter when the wind is blowing and it's snowing like crazy is to wrap up in a blanket and sit on the couch and look at cookbooks.

cookin