Esteemed Contributor

Pioneer Woman Launching New Cookbook on ITKWD Today!

Hey Foodies! I’m so excited to share that my dear friend The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond is BACK at QVC for the first time since 2017 launching her NEW cookbook- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier!🎉🎉🎉https://qvc.co/thepioneerwomanFBDV

I hope you’ll join us during #ITKWD today, 10/6 at 12pm ET for tons of fun, food & laughs! Tap the link above to order Ree’s cookbook before they’re gone!

I have several of PW recipes on my "tried and true" list. Looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Launching New Cookbook on ITKWD Today!

[ Edited ]

I don't watch ITKWD anymore but will watch that presentation tonight to see what she's wearing...love her blouses. I can't remember the last time I bought a cookbook, there's endless recipes online. Anyway for those who are looking forward to the show & the PW cookbook, enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I just don’t connect with buying cookbooks, when recipes are so easy to find online. 

I own quite a collection of cookbooks; inherited from relatives, and bought from local groups.   My absolute favorites are from the women’s groups from local churches; several from the 1950’s.   One of my oldest cookbooks has a recipe submitted by my great grandmother, who died before 1940.  

I do cook for my family every day, but the interest in buying cookbooks for any reason, is long gone for me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-momI enjoyed watching Ree and David, plus the food looked delicious.

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@PA Mom-momI enjoyed watching Ree and David, plus the food looked delicious.

@hayseed00  Oh. My. Goodness! That food looked wonderful! Those little desserts! I really enjoyed the presentation too. I would guess they might have another one before the show is over.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of cookbooks and buy them frequently.  If it is a really good one, I want to be able to compare and flip back and forth and turn pages not search for unknown recipes.

I'm not a big fan of her food, but I like to watch her on Saturday mornings if I'm ever home.  

Kindle cookbooks are ok if it is something I might want to use a few recipes from, but if I like the cook and their food, I'll buy the book:  Bittman, Ina Garten, Sean Brock, Giada, Dorie Greenspan, and others.  And restaurant cookbooks or some of the wonderful reagional books and local organizations (some of which are exceptional).

I hit the library sales and try to discard, although it's DIFFICULT!  Oh and Williams-Sonoma's books, especially the older ones, are real treasures.

Honored Contributor

I have all of Ree's cookbooks.  I have had this new one pre-ordered on Amazon for a couple of months.  I record ITKWD every Sunday since Im not home to watch on regular TV.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would rather wait and get it on Amazon then I get free shipping.

Valued Contributor

I ordered this cookbook. I get recipes on line also, but I love to look at cookbooks. I read them like novels. One of my favorite things to do in the winter when the wind is blowing and it's snowing like crazy is to wrap up in a blanket and sit on the couch and look at cookbooks.

cookin