Respected Contributor

I made this last night. You can also substitute cherry pie filling. Light and so delicious AND easy.  

1 can drained crushed pineapple

1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 container cool whip ( I used extra creamy)

nuts - optional

Mix well - best if chilled 5 hours. If I do the cherry pie filling, I usually skip the nuts.  Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor
we have a much lighter version everyone likes:
I can drained crushed pineapple
I container cool whip
I box sugar free pistachio pudding mix
Chopped pecans to taste
I cup mini marshmallows ( I use the colored ones for Easter)
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
we have a much lighter version everyone likes:
I can drained crushed pineapple
I container cool whip
I box sugar free pistachio pudding mix
Chopped pecans to taste
I cup mini marshmallows ( I use the colored ones for Easter)

A former co-worker used to bring something like this to pot lucks, she called it Watergate Salad.  It was tasty and she always took home an empty bowl.

Esteemed Contributor

Watergate salad has been around for years and is still one that most everyone loves! Although I make it with regular pistacchio pudding! DH asks for it every few months!

Respected Contributor

The family loves this, we make it and eat it like a dessert sometimes. 😋

Honored Contributor

Re: Pineapple fluff

[ Edited ]

I know the Watergate salad but am told this is a little different. You can also use bananas and banana cream pudding,..with vanilla wafers instead of the pecans. My fave is coconut pudding, crushed drained pineapple, and and a small amount of sweetened coconut. Method is the same for all....just change your fruit, pudding flavor, and add-ins like nuts or wafers....I always add marshmallows because everyone likes them and they add such a pretty color in the springtime 

Frequent Contributor

lynnie- what size on the can of pineapple large or small? same question about the Kool Whip is it the 8 oz or larger one?

Respected Contributor

@Nevadablue  sorry. 20 oz crushed pineapple and 8 oz cool,whip.  Enjoy

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

I made this last night. You can also substitute cherry pie filling. Light and so delicious AND easy.  

1 can drained crushed pineapple

1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 container cool whip ( I used extra creamy)

nuts - optional

Mix well - best if chilled 5 hours. If I do the cherry pie filling, I usually skip the nuts.  Enjoy!!!

@lynnie61 , I make a Weight Watchers version of this. A can of crushed pineapple ( not drained), a container of Fat Free Cool Whip thawed, and a package of Jello Sugar Free instant pudding mix in vanilla ( you can use the cheesecake flavor too). Mix it all together and refrigerate.