Trusted Contributor
On 12/27/2014 shoekitty said:
On 12/27/2014 Divine said:

Shoekitty, how much cream cheese do you add to the pudding mixture? A whole 8 oz. package?

This recipe sounds sooo good. I'm going to have to try it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi divine

Yes I use 8 ounce pkg! The directions and ingredients are similar to the Pina Colada Cake!

The original recipe was made with a Jiffy, yellow, one layer round cake, so they used a small pudding and milk that was required to make pudding.

Just remember to use the amount milk called for in the pudding size you use. I have in the past used low cal pudding with skim milk....not so good. It is watery. I use regular pudding, large size and use whole milk or 2%.

Thanks for the info, Shoekitty. I'm assuming I should also poke holes in this cake like I would for the Pina Colada Cake recipe. I suppose if I didn't the pudding mixture would just roll all over the cake and not soak into it{#emotions_dlg.laugh}, but since I've never made a cake like this before, I'm just checking to be sure. Sorry to be so dense.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

FHG,

I absolutely love pineapple and coconut, so will definitely be baking this cake. Yum! Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing another bit of sweetness with us.

~Rebecca