Honored Contributor

I always make my own pie crust but if I wanted to buy pre made, which brand is the best?

Super Contributor

I always use ORONOQUE ORCHARDS DEEP DISH PIE CRUSTS.  This is the pie crust used in Mrs. Smith's pies.

Respected Contributor

I like the Pillsbury Pie Crusts.

Contributor

I've used the Pillsbury for years.  Light and flaky.

Respected Contributor

We use Pillsbury too!!

Respected Contributor

another vote for pillsbury!  my sis used to bake a pecan pie every year for Easter. 

Her MIL used to always rave about the flakiness of it. 

sis never revealed it was a pre-made crust.

Honored Contributor

Pillsbury is the best,and to make it look and taste more like homemade, store the box in your freezer until you need it.

Thaw it out before use. For some strange reason, that makes the crust really, really flakey.

i purchased 10 boxes at a discount grocery store for .50 a box.  They were already frozen when I got them.  I discovered that freezing them really works to make them better.  My DH is really picked and he only likes homemade.  He knows when I use Pillsbury...but not when they are frozen first.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pie crust...

[ Edited ]

I like to make my own, but in a pinch I use Pillsbury, I don't really like the taste it seems to have an after taste that I don't like but it's the best of the ones I've tried.  Thank's for the tip @Carmie  I will try freezing it and see if that helps. @BklynKinsey, I'm in th North East and I've never seen Oronoque Orchards deep dish pe crusts in any of the stores around here I don't think they carry it. 

Honored Contributor

@BklynKinseywrote:

I always use ORONOQUE ORCHARDS DEEP DISH PIE CRUSTS.  This is the pie crust used in Mrs. Smith's pies.

@BklynKinsey. I have never heard of that brand! There are only two grocery stores in my area.

Esteemed Contributor

I vote also for Pillsbury buttery flavor, light, flaky without all the work! 👍