Honored Contributor

Re: Philly Cheese Steak Soup (in bread bowls)

This was just what the Doc ordered on yet another bitter night here! It was delish! Two thumbs up from the DH. I didn't find the broth flat at all...I did keep tasting to see how the seasonings levels were as it said to do.

My only problem was that Panera let me down! I called and they said OH yes, we have bread bowls everyday. I went yesty at lunch...no...didn't have any that day.

So...Plan B...Wegman's makes a round Garlic Tuscan Bread. DH picked up two...in his eyes they were very small. He has goofy eyes cuz that was a large round loaf to me! LOL Only his went in the bread bowl...I picked on his bowl...when he didn't slap me away! It was so good w/ that garlicky crusted bread...he didn't want to share and ate the WHOLE thing himself...minus two...yes only 2 pieces I managed to peel off! He gobbled the entire bowl. I had mine in a crock w/ the cheese melted over the top (like Fr. Onion soup). Just as good.

I know there was debate as to soup/stew....mine was definitely soup.

Thanks Lola ...this was the highlight of a boring, frigid day. Loved it!

Contributor

This looks and sounds delish! Can't wait to try it. Thanks a lot.
Super Contributor

On 1/30/2014 RespectLife said:

This was just what the Doc ordered on yet another bitter night here! It was delish! Two thumbs up from the DH. I didn't find the broth flat at all...I did keep tasting to see how the seasonings levels were as it said to do.

My only problem was that Panera let me down! I called and they said OH yes, we have bread bowls everyday. I went yesty at lunch...no...didn't have any that day.

So...Plan B...Wegman's makes a round Garlic Tuscan Bread. DH picked up two...in his eyes they were very small. He has goofy eyes cuz that was a large round loaf to me! LOL Only his went in the bread bowl...I picked on his bowl...when he didn't slap me away! It was so good w/ that garlicky crusted bread...he didn't want to share and ate the WHOLE thing himself...minus two...yes only 2 pieces I managed to peel off! He gobbled the entire bowl. I had mine in a crock w/ the cheese melted over the top (like Fr. Onion soup). Just as good.

I know there was debate as to soup/stew....mine was definitely soup.

Thanks Lola ...this was the highlight of a boring, frigid day. Loved it!

Oh, that bread sounds great. I loved Wegmans when I visited Rochester NY.