1/2 cup milk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar

2 to 3 teaspoons milk

Steps

• 1  Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line with parchment paper.
  • 2  In medium bowl, stir melted butter, brown sugar and water until well blended. Stir in pecans to coat evenly. Pour into pan, and spread pecans in an even layer; set aside.
  • 3  In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter evenly over pecan mixture in pan.
  • 4  Bake 29 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool pan on cooling rack 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Replace any pecans that may still be in pan on top of cake. Cool 15 minutes.
  • 5  In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the milk until well blended. If too thick to drizzle, add additional milk, 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Drizzle with fork over top. For 8 servings, cut into 8 wedges. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

@wismiss 

Oh my, this sounds so good.   10 more pounds to go and I'm making this.

Honored Contributor

Sounds delish.  Maybe I'll make it tomorrow.  Thanks!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Perfect timing!

It's a rainy day here and I have all of the ingredients including pecan halves in the freezer!

Thanks for posting!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@wismiss thank for sharing this recipe...I see where it calls for Bisquick can you substitute for a different type of flour? I use a lot of Bob's Red Mill whole grain flour.

Honored Contributor

This recipe looks similar to one I have made for many years from the King Arthur Flour website:

Batter:

1/2 cup softened butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup sour cream

Topping:

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix topping ingredients together in dish.

Cream butter, sugar, and eggs in bowl with electric mixer.  In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Stir flour mixture and sour cream in with butter/sugar mixture.

Spread 1/2 of batter into greased and floured 9x9-inch cake pan.  Sprinkle 1/2 of topping on top of batter in pan.  Repeat with rest of batter and topping.

Bake in 350-degree oven for 45 minutes.  Cool in pan and serve. 

Respected Contributor

Every one of these recipes sound delicious. I LOVE pecan any thing. Thanks to every one for posting.

Trusted Contributor

GAQshopr3, I'm not sure about substitutions.  Maybe someone else will see your question and will have more knowledge than I do. 

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Thanks @wismiss  I do see another recipe using the King Arthur flour...I may use your recipe and substitute the flour...will let you know how it turns out!!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing @deepwaterdotter !!!