Honored Contributor

Pecan pie is probably the easiest pie in the world to make.  Nothing to it.  All recipes are basically the same

Make sure to insert a knife and test for doneness.  Seems like I always have to bake extra time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I have never made pecan pie, nor have I ever eaten it.... so, I'm not a good one to ask.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pecan pie is probably the easiest pie in the world to make.  Nothing to it.  All recipes are basically the same

Make sure to insert a knife and test for doneness.  Seems like I always have to bake extra time.

@Kachina624 There's a house only one house down from me for sale!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

The one I make is from Bob Bowersox Cookbook.  It is delicious.  It has a small amount of Rum in it and It seems to cut the sweetness.

https://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Serious+pecan+pie

Honored Contributor

For a teal. treat, try nibbling on chunks. of pecan pie frozen.  Yum.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have been using this Pecan Pie recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook I received when I got married in 1976. It always turns out. I don't care for the recipes using brown sugar.

3 eggs

2/3 c sugar

1/2 t salt

1/3 c butter

1 c light Karo

1 c pecan halves

Heat oven to 375° Prepare 9" pastry.

Beat eggs, sugar, salt, butter & Karo with rotary beater. I use my Kitchenaid mixer. Stir in pecans. Pour in pie shell.

Bake 40-50 mins or until filling is set.

You can also add 1 t vanilla which I do unless I forget.

I made this pie this morning, It never set up,and even when cooled it was runny, didn't taste bad. I followed the directions to a t, but something isn't right. I've made pecan pies before and never had one turn out like this. I'll go back to my old recipe. I baked it 20 minutes longer than it said, but was afraid of burning the crust, so took it out.

Honored Contributor

@HLP : For years have used recipe on the back of the karo syrup bottle but the last few attempts the pie didn’t set, no changes in the recipe or anything else and can not figure out what I am doing wrong. DH really prefers a good pecan pie for the holidays. Southern Bee