Honored Contributor

Pear and Chicken BLT Salad

image001 (1).jpg

This recipe works for: Salad

Serving Size: 6

Ingredients

2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups Caramelized Pear Slices (recipe follows)
3/4 cup Pear Ranch Dressing (recipe follows)
3 cups chopped lettuce
2 cups diced tomatoes
¾ cup crumbled, crisp bacon

Caramelized Pear Slices

4 cups Pacific Northwest Canned Pears, sliced, in juice, drained
1 tablespoon canola oil or vegetable oil

Pear Ranch Dressing

4 cups reserved Pacific Northwest Canned Pear juice
1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing

Directions

In a large bowl, combine diced chicken, Caramelized Pear Slices and Pear Ranch Dressing. Toss to thoroughly coat the ingredients and set aside.

In a separate large bowl, toss lettuce with tomatoes. For each serving, place 1 cup of lettuce and tomato mixture on a plate and top with 1/2 cup chicken and pear salad, and 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon. Repeat for each serving and garnish with 1 slice toasted whole grain bread.

Caramelized Pear Slices

Preheat convection oven to 375 degrees F. Drain pears and reserve juice for dressing. Place pear slices in a bowl and toss with oil to coat. Arrange pear slices in a single layer on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake 35 to 40 minutes, turning once, until the pears are caramelized. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Makes 2 cups.

Pear Ranch Dressing

In a saucepan, heat the reserved pear juice over medium heat and reduce by three-quarters to make 1 cup syrup. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add the ranch dressing to a bowl and whisk in the cooled pear syrup until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Makes 3/4 cups.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pear and Chicken BLT Salad

This looks and sounds delicious! I love salads like this.  Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

This looks and sounds delicious! I love salads like this.  Thanks for posting!

@LdyBugz  - you're welcome!

Thinking that some chopped walnuts, crumbled blue cheese or aged cheddar cheese would be nice toppers

Hmmm... and extra caramelized pears as a topper for vanilla ice cream

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl   That's so funny because I thought the same thing about adding blue cheese and walnuts!  Did not think about the extra pears for ice cream though.  Good idea, thx!  

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Oh, my.  That just made me want to go out and get all the ingredients and have that tonight. Right now!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I LOVE specialty salads like this!  Thanks for sharing!

@IamMrsG  always posted yummy ones like this too!  I miss her!  Hope you are

well Mrs. G!

Honored Contributor

This will be great once our weather gets nice. We can have  it for lunch on the porch. I don't think canned pears produce 4 cups of juice but will use what I drain off of them for the dressing.