Honored Contributor

Re: Peanut Butter Ball (buck-eyes) recipe wanted...

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FAT BOMBS (KETO BUCKEYES)

Keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are a healthy low carb snack or treat with just 1.2g net carbs each!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Chilling Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 48 servings

INGREDIENTS
1 cup Natural peanut butter (salted & nuts only, the kind that's a little runny)
6 tbsp Butter (melted)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
2/3 cup Powdered Monk Fruit & Allulose Blend (Swerve)
2/3 cup Peanut flour (no sugar added) or superfine Almond Flour
6 oz Sugar-Free dark chocolate chips (Lily’s or Bake Believe)

INSTRUCTIONS
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla and sea salt. Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth.

Beat in flour, until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.

If the mixture is too sticky or thin to work with, refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up.

Wash your hands with cold water to cool them off. Use an extra small cookie scoop (this one is the ideal size) to scoop the peanut butter mixture, shape the balls as needed, and place onto the lined baking sheet. Work quickly and avoid touching the balls too much, or they’ll melt.

Refrigerate the peanut butter balls for about 20 minutes, until firm.

CHOCOLATE DIP LAYER:
Place the chocolate chips into a double boiler on the stove (I used a small glass bowl over a saucepan with water in it). Heat the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.

Place a toothpick into the center of each peanut butter ball. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, leaving a small area of peanut butter showing at the top. Place back onto the baking sheet, remove the toothpicks, and smooth over the holes with your fingers.

Optional step: If you have chocolate left, you can drizzle it over the top of the sugar-free buckeyes.

Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.

RECIPE NOTES
Serving size: 1 chocolate peanut butter fat bomb

NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories: 68 | Fat: 5.6g | Total Carbs: 3.7g | Net Carbs: 1.2g | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 0.3g | Protein: 1.9g
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg   You could probably google "Buckeyes" candy for recipe. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a recipe, but have seen recipes for these in a bar form, which I think would be easier.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg...............Since I am a Buckeye I am going to whine.  Buckeye is not hyphenated.  Woman Wink

To find a true Buckeye Candy receipe google  Buckeye Candy.

Good luck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

I don't have the recipe in front of me, but there is a "Buckeye Bar" recipe.  It is made in a 9 x 13 pan, then cut into squares.  Much easier and quicker with delectable results.