Honored Contributor

The thread about fresh peaches reminded me of this simple recipe from my mother's file:

Crust:

3 cups graham cracker crumbs

3 tbsp sugar

1 1/2 sticks melted butter

Mix crumbs and sugar in bowl.  Stir in melted butter.  Reserve 1/3 cup crumbs for later.  Press rest of crumbs in bottom of 9x13" baking pan.  Refrigerate.

Filling:

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 tsp vanilla

2 cups cold heavy cream

6 peeled and thinly-sliced peaches

Beat powdered sugar and cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.  Beat in vanilla.  Beat in cream until fluffy.

Spread 1 1/2 cups filling over crust.  Layer peaches on top.  Dollop big spoonfuls of rest of filling over top of peaches and spread to edges of pan.  Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.  Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours in refrigerator.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peaches and Cream Dessert

I thank that's yeamy in the tammy.

Can I sprinkle some Cinnamon on top? mmmmm that's a delicious dessert @deepwaterdotter , thank you for sharing it!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

The thread about fresh peaches reminded me of this simple recipe from my mother's file:

Crust:

3 cups graham cracker crumbs

3 tbsp sugar

1 1/2 sticks melted butter

Mix crumbs and sugar in bowl.  Stir in melted butter.  Reserve 1/3 cup crumbs for later.  Press rest of crumbs in bottom of 9x13" baking pan.  Refrigerate.

Filling:

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 tsp vanilla

2 cups cold heavy cream

6 peeled and thinly-sliced peaches

Beat powdered sugar and cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.  Beat in vanilla.  Beat in cream until fluffy.

Spread 1 1/2 cups filling over crust.  Layer peaches on top.  Dollop big spoonfuls of rest of filling over top of peaches and spread to edges of pan.  Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.  Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours in refrigerator.  

@deepwaterdotter 

That looks delicious.  I could also see the filling layered into a deep dish pre baked pie crust with whipped cream on top if someone didn't like graham cracker crumbs.

I could also see this with blueberries or strawberries.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  All great options!  After thinking about a pie application, I wonder if the filling might be too creamy to set up in a pie crust.  I use a serving spoon to dish up for serving. 

Honored Contributor

When is the Deep Water Dotter Cookbook coming out? I'd preorder it!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

When is the Deep Water Dotter Cookbook coming out? I'd preorder it!

Thanks for the kind words.  Most of the recipes I post come from the files of friends and relatives.  If I taste a dish that's delicious, I ask the cook for the recipe.  I have about 6 big binders of recipes I have collected.  I don't think I have a cookbook in me, but I'll keep posting until someone tells me not to. 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter   Oh, this sounds so yummy and refreshing.  Thanks so much for sharing.