Honored Contributor

Peaches!   I love everything about them except the fuzzy skin.  Smiley Happy

My neighbors always go at this time to visit their sons in Utah and bring me back a bag of peaches.  They are just wonderful.  No wonder he always says that the best peaches are from Utah.  I don't know that for sure, but I do know that the ones his son grows are amazing!

Sorry I don't have recipes.  I just eat them.  Cut into wedges, skin off, put in bowl, eat with my favorite tiny fork.  Smiley Happy  That's my best peach recipe.

I wish the whole world smelled like peaches.  It's just the best scent ever.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt   CB, is it really you?!!!  So glad to see you again.  I know many posters will be happy that you are posting once again.

I'm not a big fruit fan, but I do love my peaches.  I agree that they have the best scent ever.  And they are so delicious too.  There is nothing quite so good as a fresh peach.  I've never had one from Utah, but we have trucks that come up from Georgie loaded with peaches and they are to die for. 

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG   I've tried to post about that particular brand of yogurt before myself and ran into the same problem.  Hahaha  So silly.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@chickenbutt   CB, is it really you?!!!  So glad to see you again.  I know many posters will be happy that you are posting once again.

I'm not a big fruit fan, but I do love my peaches.  I agree that they have the best scent ever.  And they are so delicious too.  There is nothing quite so good as a fresh peach.  I've never had one from Utah, but we have trucks that come up from Georgie loaded with peaches and they are to die for. 

Hi!  Yup, it's me, the one and only.  Smiley Very Happy   (for whatever that is worth!)

Ooh yeah.  Since I've been getting them fresh off the tree from my neighbor I can't really buy them in the grocery store because you never quite know what you getting until you open them up.  Worst - mushy.   

Out here in the West, probably most of them have travelled a lot to get here.   I lived in Central CA for several years, eons ago, and there were CA peaches too but it was so long ago I can't even remember.  

I'm happy to see you and I hope this finds you well.   When I see your name I always wonder if you are a November baby, as am I.   I actually have some Imperial Topaz, which was the original birthstone for Nov, and I have a number of citrines also.   Love!

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @chickenbutt  I remember that you have a november birthday.  I was thinking (for some reason) that we shared the day -- the 6th -- but then I saw a post from you one time, long ago, that mentioned the date.  (I forget what it is -- the same day as David Venable's maybe??)  Oh, I don't know, my head gets confused sometimes.  LOL

I remember a time, too, when topaz was considered the november birthstone.  I don't even remember when I first started hearing the word "citrine".  I do like both stones.  Autumn is my favorite season and the colors of fall are my favorite as well.  

Again, so glad to see you back.  So many posters have asked and wondered about you! I'm sure you'll be hearing from many of them as the days go on.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Yes @chickenbutt  I remember that you have a november birthday.  I was thinking (for some reason) that we shared the day -- the 6th -- but then I saw a post from you one time, long ago, that mentioned the date.  (I forget what it is -- the same day as David Venable's maybe??)  Oh, I don't know, my head gets confused sometimes.  LOL

I remember a time, too, when topaz was considered the november birthstone.  I don't even remember when I first started hearing the word "citrine".  I do like both stones.  Autumn is my favorite season and the colors of fall are my favorite as well.  

Again, so glad to see you back.  So many posters have asked and wondered about you! I'm sure you'll be hearing from many of them as the days go on.  

Yikes!  We actually discussed it and my memory has let me down once again.  Sorry about that.   Yes, my birthday is the same as David V - the 12th.

Another poster, Halfpint, also is Nov 12.  I've tried to talk to her but she has had me on ignore for years I guess.   It's cool.  But it's always fun to know other peeps with the same bd.  Smiley Happy  I meet so few November people.

Thanks for thinking of me.  That is very kind and very much appreciated.  Heart

Respected Contributor

This recipe takes some food prep time, but it is worth the effort.

Bourbon Peach Streusel Cheesecake

Crust:  Blend 1 stick melted butter, 1 & 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbs. brown sugar and ½ C toasted, chopped pecans into mixing bowl.  Press mix into bottom of 10” springform pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes

Peach Compote Ingredients:: Combine 6 - 7 Peaches - peeled and sliced, 2 tsp brown sugar and 3 tsp. lemon juice in saucepan.  Cook over medium heat until peaches soften and juices thicken, about 15 minutes. 

Filling: Mix together on low until smooth - 3 blocks cream cheese at room temp, 1 C Sugar, ¾ C Sour cream room temp, 4 Eggs room temp, 5T bourbon, 3T flour, 2T heavy cream

Streusel topping: Combine following in bowl until mix forms crumbles. 
1 stick butter, melted, 2/3 C Flour, 2/3 C Brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon

Assembly:  Pour cheesecake filling into pre-baked crust. Top with peach compote and streusel. Swirl slightly with knife. 

Bake:  Bake at 475 for 10 minutes.  Reduce temp to 200 and bake another 1 hour – 1 hour 10 minutes.  Turn off oven and let cake cool to room temp.  Refrigerate 6-7 hours before serving

Esteemed Contributor

That recipe sounds absolutely delicious @maximillian .  I'm so glad you posted it and can't wait to give it a try.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 

Citrine2, I did make it and it is delish!