Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  Hey I’ll bring the Crostini if you bring that gorgeous ice cream! 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😍😋😍😋

Respected Contributor

@godi : This looks awesome and easy!  A few questions please ( I have to make a dessert for his week) ... Did it get soggy on the bottom?  The flour is enough to keep the bottom from getting soggy? Would cornstarch help? Thank you! 

Valued Contributor

Has anyone experienced O'Henry peaches?  Best peach ever!  I live in Kansas and there is a plant place called "Garden Groves" in Council Grove.  Great flowers, plants, pots but also vegetables, fruit and they roast hatch chiles there!  You honestly don't need to do anything with them, so juicy and sweet.  Going today to get some.  I will ask them today where they come from.

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818 wrote:

Has anyone experienced O'Henry peaches?  Best peach ever!  I live in Kansas and there is a plant place called "Garden Groves" in Council Grove.  Great flowers, plants, pots but also vegetables, fruit and they roast hatch chiles there!  You honestly don't need to do anything with them, so juicy and sweet.  Going today to get some.  I will ask them today where they come from.

@coconut1818 

I have never heard of those but Ks is not too far from me. We always get peaches from Porter, Ok or Palisade, Co.

We have 2 different trucks that bring in the peaches from Co. One of them also brings in the peaches from Porter.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

@Nightowlz  Hey I’ll bring the Crostini if you bring that gorgeous ice cream! 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😍😋😍😋

@godi 

Sounds like a good idea except the peach ice cream is all gone. LOL!!!

DH took half of it to his moms for her his sister plus her son & wife to eat.

Will be buying 2 more cases of peaches Weds. when Cunningham's rolls in town.Yum!!!

Respected Contributor

We had this peach pie just the other day. It was really good.   

https://mamadips.com/fresh-peach-pie/

I used Pillsbury pie crusts (the kind that comes rolled up). I decreased the butter in the recipe to 4 Tablespoons. 

I used frozen peaches (two 1 lb. bags), defrosted and patted with paper towels. 

(If your peaches are very juicy, you might want to bump up the flour a tablespoon or two.) 

Contributor

Hi

My favorite recipe to do with peaches is......take a couple cans of

peach halves and drain the syrup out of the.

Then I cut the halves into small pieces and put them in a container.

Then with the syrup I add 4 tablespoons of raspberry syrup that I

get at Sam's Club to the peach juice.

Mix well and pour it over the peaches that are in a container.

Then I put in the refrigerator and let them sit all day.

I love them served over cottage cheese and also over morning

cereal.

Note:  I also like to take these peaches that have sit all day and

puree some of them in a blender and then add vanilla ice cream

to them.  Also you can also add a little syrup from the peaches to 

them.

Enjoy

Jean

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peach season here

[ Edited ]

When the peaches are fresh and luscious and juicy, I just slice them and eat them. I also like them with raspberries.  A little vanilla ice cream with them is nice too.  Or even butter pecan. 

Of course, I won’t turn down fresh peach ice cream or freshly baked peach cobbler or pie. The first pie I ever made as a newlywed was peach - I was so relieved that

I succeeded!

Respected Contributor

i grew up making fresh peach ice cream at my grandmother's outside Atlanta.  Georgia peaches, of course!   scrumptious and her very best dish! and believe me, she made so many amazing homemade desserts (among other things).  those were the days.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Peach season here

[ Edited ]

This isn't a recipe, per se, but for breakfast, I've been sweetening a ******e yogurt with a little honey (brown sugar would work well, too), then topping it with a thinly sliced peach and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon.  

Edited to explain.  "******" stands for Fah-yay.  Woman Very Happy  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.