Contributor

Patti Labelle's banana pudding recipe

I can't find Patti Labelle's banana pudding recipe online?  Anyone has the recipe or can tell me what website has her recipe?  I've has bought it at Walmart but too expensive to keep buying it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Patti Labelle's banana pudding recipe

Since Patti Labelle markets her banana pudding, I doubt seriously she would publish the recipe online.

Good luck with your search.

Valued Contributor

Just a suggestion:  Paula Dean has a great and decadent banana pudding recipe you may find online.  It’s made with Pepperidge Farms Chessman shortbread cookies.

Honored Contributor

My coworker makes one for all our office parties, it is always a huge hit, she also uses the PF Chessman cookies.

Highlighted
Contributor

The recipe I use from the net is called “the best banana pudding ever” It is made with vanilla wafers. My students love it ( I am a Culinary Arts teacher).   Whichever one you use, I ‘m sure it will be delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Every Banana Pudding maker has her own favorite.  Here are some samples.

Southern Living Banana Pudding recipes

I like the one with just cooked vanilla Jello pudding, Nilla wafers and bananas.  I  do use Cool Whip on it when I serve it to keep from having to use the over for meringue.

Respected Contributor

Paula Deen's "Not yo mamma's bananna pudding" is the best ever. I remember the vanilla wafer bananna pudding from childhood but when I found Paula's recipe it became my new favorite. Before I retired I used to make it for office pot luck's and my coworkers would insist I bring it only and nothing else. They would line up with their plate and spoon and there would never be any left. My family loves it for holidays all thru the year.   Best ever ! 

Esteemed Contributor

Is there really such a thing as a "bad" banana pudding?

Honored Contributor

No offense to anybody but I never understood this southern banana pudding thing.  It's not banana pudding.  It's vanilla pudding with nilla wafers and some sliced bananas.   (don't even get me started with the *gag* Cool Whip bit)    Smiley Very Happy

If I'm craving banana pudding I just get the Jello Banana Pudding mix and make that.  It's pudding that tastes like bananas!  Imagine that!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

No offense to anybody but I never understood this southern banana pudding thing.  It's not banana pudding.  It's vanilla pudding with nilla wafers and some sliced bananas.   (don't even get me started with the *gag* Cool Whip bit)    Smiley Very Happy

If I'm craving banana pudding I just get the Jello Banana Pudding mix and make that.  It's pudding that tastes like bananas!  Imagine that!  Smiley Happy

LOL, then I guess you have not had the real thing.