Respected Contributor

Re: Pasta with Bacon and Tomatoes

I'm so sorry about your finger, @IamMrsG! I hope it'll return to normal.

If it'll make you feel better, I burned myself really good last week w/ the oil in a screaming hot cast iron skillet.

The hazards of the kitchen. Smiley Sad

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

I'm so sorry about your finger, @IamMrsG! I hope it'll return to normal.

If it'll make you feel better, I burned myself really good last week w/ the oil in a screaming hot cast iron skillet.

The hazards of the kitchen. Smiley Sad

@sabatini & @IamMrsG, Be careful please, and heal soon.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter  Although I always think fresh is best, yes, I saw several reviews on the website where canned tomatoes were substituted.

@sabatini  @qualitygal  Thanks for your empathy/sympathy towards my clumsiness. Since we brought it home, I've had a very healthy respect for the Ninja blade.  I noticed it was about to fall over on the drain board, but just wasn't fast enough to get out of the way.  The splint is off and I'm down to a BandAid, so this adventure should be over soon.  @sabatini, I winced for you about that grease burn -- those are the worst.   How are you doing?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Thanks so much for the nice thoughts, @qualitygal. That was sweet of you.

@IamMrsG, I'm fine now, but wasn't for awhile. LOL! I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. 

It's been a challenge for me to get used to an electric stove, after having gas stoves for decades.

I hadn't realized the setting was so high, so when I dropped a big knob of butter into the cast iron skillet, the butter basically exploded & vaporized. LOL!

What a mess, & it burned me from elbow to wrist on the soft underside of the arm.

It didn't help that it was 107 degrees in the house. (We were having a heat wave at the time.)

But, I'd rather have had that than what you went through! Seeing blood makes me woozy.

I'm so sorry about that, & really hope you'll heal completely, G. 

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG and @sabatini

So sorry to hear about your "walking wounded" adventures in the kitchen.  Here's hoping you both make quick recoveries and have no lasting damage.  I've never even thought about butter exploding on a hot burner -- YIKES!

When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was, "Hey, what a good idea -- a 'BLP'!"  I know, no lettuce, but I think the flavors of Bacon, Tomato, and Pasta sound almost as good as my favorite summer sandwich.  Thanks for passing this along.

Respected Contributor

Aw, thanks for the kind wishes, @Honeybit!  Smiley Happy

I'm perfectly fine now.

I loved what you said about a BLT! (BPT?) 

Back when I lived in New England, the most glorious sandwich was a Lobster BLT. OMG, deeelicious!

Muddling through...