Honored Contributor

Pasta Salad From My Area's Former Top Tea Room

[ Edited ]

They served this with a scoop of fresh chicken salad, a small slice of quiche, fresh fruit, and two mini muffins.

Notice the beautiful desserts to the left!

Image result for chelsea's tea room asheville nc 

img119.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Pasta Salad From My Area's Former Top Tea Room

@ECBG wrote:

They served this with a scoop of fresh chicken salad, a small slice of quiche, fresh fruit, and two mini muffins.

img119.jpg

All I can say is yummmm !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Sounds awesome! I was looking for a new pasta salad recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

Honored Contributor

@05gage25 wrote:

Sounds awesome! I was looking for a new pasta salad recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

@05gage25I do increase the dressing by 1/4 as it can be dry.  Be sure to run cold water over your pasta to stop the cooking.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG, this is from "Chef's Table: Mountain Flavors from Asheville's Most Celebrated Chefs?"

Esteemed Contributor

This salad sounds wonderful. Anyway you could post the pesto recipe noted at the bottom of the page? Always love a good pesto recipe. Thanks for sharing this great and different pasta salad. 

Honored Contributor

I liked the picture of the tea room too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

What a lovely looking establishment and that recipe sounds perfect for just about any occasion.  Thank you for sharing.  This photo reminds me of a favorite Tea Shop in our area that wonderful desserts to go along with their salads, homemade soups and other wonderful fare.  And thanks for passing on the tip to increase the dressing by a 1/4 to prevent a dry salad.  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Dear ECBG,

Thanks for sharing this elegant pasta recipe.  It looks delicious.  I also enjoyed seeing the picture of that charming tea room.  What a lovely place!

My DM used to make something similar (without the buttermilk and lemon) with an elbow macaroni (in those days, she did not have access to rotini).  She also added finely minced ham to it.  She was usually an intuitive cook so there was no recipe.

I have looked for someting similar to what she concocted over the years, but without success.  I can't wait to try this recipe.  I have a feeling it will come very close to what she made.

From the number of hearts you have gotten, it sounds like this recipe is A HIT!  Thanks again for taking the time to share.

Contributor

Sounds like a summer salad to me! I'm ready for summer and your salad will be great for  a barbecue or potluck picnics etc. Thanks for sharing Montana native